Thread: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

This is most interesting, IMO.

Chelants prevent oxidative damage to hair. Surprise? Not to me. The flavonoids in honey lightening recipe ingredients are chelants too.

"[0001] The application is a continuation of International application PCT/US02/08482 (Case CM2517M2) filed on Mar. 19, 2002.

Oxidative treatment of hair with reduced hair damage

Agent: The Procter & Gamble Company Intellectual Property Division - Cincinnati, OH, US

[0022] .... now been surprisingly found that chelants have excellent damage inhibiting properties. ....

[0058] .... chelants could efficiently prevent oxidative hair damage when formulated in level higher than previously mentioned in the literature or formulated in commercial compositions.

Without Pretreatment

[0168] .... chelants .... are preferably formulated directly in the oxidizing compositions applied on hair (e.g. oxidative dye compositions or bleaches).

[0174] .... chelants can also be applied to hair as a pre-treatment. The pretreatment composition .... applied immediately before the oxidizing composition or after a longer period of time."
    http://www.freshpatents.com/Oxidativ...pe=description

The chelants used to prevent bleach damage are either added to the bleach itself when it is processed or used as a pretreatment. This is what I understood, after I read the other research.
    Last edited by ktani; September 27th, 2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: clarification