Page 2812 of 2812 FirstFirst ... 18122312271227622802281028112812
Results 28,111 to 28,120 of 28120

Thread: Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge!

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge!

Makes sense to me, Nitagurl. I wish I could do crochet styles on my hair but I have a sensitive scalp and any cornrowing hurts. I've always wanted to do a crochet bob so I didn't have to cut my own hair haha.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    TWA/APL/THIGH
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-Fairy View Post
    Makes sense to me, Nitagurl. I wish I could do crochet styles on my hair but I have a sensitive scalp and any cornrowing hurts. I've always wanted to do a crochet bob so I didn't have to cut my own hair haha.
    I should have thought of this before I dyed it (AND cut layers)! lol.
    TWA ---> SL ---> APL ---> BSL ---> MBL--->WL ---> HL --->TBL---> CL ---> Finger Tip
    I’ve had my fun. Now we grow

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nitagurl View Post
    I should have thought of this before I dyed it (AND cut layers)! lol.
    At least it will grow back out. I keep getting the urge to dye my hair. Just the ends or my bangs but the amount of bleaching I imagine I would have to do to get bright blue gives my pause.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    TWA/APL/THIGH
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

The crochet style turned out great and I honestly loved the results. But I had an allergic reaction to the hair itself .

Apparently there is some sort of...I don't know, material (?) that's coating the hair to prevent the growth of weird things. From what I've read, it's not entirely uncommon for certain manufacturers to use this protective coating. It's also not uncommon for it to make your scalp so itchy that you want to tear your entire head off and punt it out the front door. I thought that maybe I'd simply braided my hair too tightly so I expected it to loosen after a time. But my scalp was itching incessantly. It was driving me crazy. All I could think about was scratching what felt like ants biting me all over my head.

I don't know how I lasted a full week but I did. I took them all out on Sunday and the relief was immediate. My boyfriend rubbed my scalp until I fell asleep and I swear I could have cried lol. I almost resigned myself to just wearing a bun for the rest of the damn year but I really want to commit myself to wearing crochet styles this year, so that's what I'm still going to do.

I was going to wait until the summer to do a trim but the whole itchy hair fiasco kind of motivated me to 'start fresh'. So today I washed, deep conditioned, blow dried, and then cut my hair from WL to APL. I decided to get rid of my layers in one fell swoop instead of slowly growing them out of the course of the next 2-3 years so, there. I did it.

I put my hair back up into a fresh set of scalp braids and then installed a new set of long crochet twists. (I thoroughly soaked this batch of hair in water and ACV. Then shampooed and conditioned it, before sitting it in front of a fan to dry.) All of this took the entire day, I just finished 15 minutes ago and I'm dog tired. BUT... my scalp doesn't itch one bit .

Sucks to have short hair. But I'm glad to have a thick hemline again and be at a clean start.
    TWA ---> SL ---> APL ---> BSL ---> MBL--->WL ---> HL --->TBL---> CL ---> Finger Tip

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nitagurl View Post
    The crochet style turned out great and I honestly loved the results. But I had an allergic reaction to the hair itself .

Apparently there is some sort of...I don't know, material (?) that's coating the hair to prevent the growth of weird things. From what I've read, it's not entirely uncommon for certain manufacturers to use this protective coating. It's also not uncommon for it to make your scalp so itchy that you want to tear your entire head off and punt it out the front door. I thought that maybe I'd simply braided my hair too tightly so I expected it to loosen after a time. But my scalp was itching incessantly. It was driving me crazy. All I could think about was scratching what felt like ants biting me all over my head.

I don't know how I lasted a full week but I did. I took them all out on Sunday and the relief was immediate. My boyfriend rubbed my scalp until I fell asleep and I swear I could have cried lol. I almost resigned myself to just wearing a bun for the rest of the damn year but I really want to commit myself to wearing crochet styles this year, so that's what I'm still going to do.

I was going to wait until the summer to do a trim but the whole itchy hair fiasco kind of motivated me to 'start fresh'. So today I washed, deep conditioned, blow dried, and then cut my hair from WL to APL. I decided to get rid of my layers in one fell swoop instead of slowly growing them out of the course of the next 2-3 years so, there. I did it.

I put my hair back up into a fresh set of scalp braids and then installed a new set of long crochet twists. (I thoroughly soaked this batch of hair in water and ACV. Then shampooed and conditioned it, before sitting it in front of a fan to dry.) All of this took the entire day, I just finished 15 minutes ago and I'm dog tired. BUT... my scalp doesn't itch one bit .

Sucks to have short hair. But I'm glad to have a thick hemline again and be at a clean start.
    I'm so sorry you had the allergic reaction! But I'm glad it's going better the second go around!
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    TWA/APL/THIGH
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-Fairy View Post
    I'm so sorry you had the allergic reaction! But I'm glad it's going better the second go around!
    Thank you! It was so disheartening at first but I’m glad everything was figured out

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Even though I don't want to, I'm pulling myself from the challenge. I've been getting headaches now when I put my hair up sometimes and I don't always have the energy to fight with my hair to find a comfortable updo. I've been finding myself wearing my hair down, in a ponytail, or in a single braid a lot. I don't really think wearing my hair up is causing the headaches. It's just the straw that breaks the camel's back, I guess. I just didn't really feel like I qualified for this thread since I'm now wearing my hair down often.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

I have been gone from this thread for over a year. My life as care giver to my daughter took its toll, but I kept my hair even though some days I never got it combed. I do have a current count on days worn up.
    5,842 that is 16 years today and counting!!
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    I have been gone from this thread for over a year. My life as care giver to my daughter took its toll, but I kept my hair even though some days I never got it combed. I do have a current count on days worn up.
    5,842 that is 16 years today and counting!!
    Dang, that's pretty cool! Sorry about your DD, that must be tough. Nice to see a post from you and that you're here and ok. If you were gone I think I'd be "The Eldest LHCer" and I'm not quite ready for that.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    Dang, that's pretty cool! Sorry about your DD, that must be tough. Nice to see a post from you and that you're here and ok. If you were gone I think I'd be "The Eldest LHCer" and I'm not quite ready for that.
    i have missed the older ones as it seems only Sarah L is still around. Nice to hear from you.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.