Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ahh..... sometimes you just gotta oil!

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default ahh..... sometimes you just gotta oil!

Just had to post the luscious ahhh moment of it. Hair feeling icky and not happy, slathered with my favorite V7 Carrot oil, and the whole head of hair seems to sigh happy LOL.

Sometimes it just takes so little to make it like me again ::glee::
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Just had to post the luscious ahhh moment of it. Hair feeling icky and not happy, slathered with my favorite V7 Carrot oil, and the whole head of hair seems to sigh happy LOL.

Sometimes it just takes so little to make it like me again ::glee::
    Ah i can really relate! I almost think of my oils as bottles of hope! When i'm not happy with my hair and i smother the oil on it feels lovely and my focus goes from moody to thinking about the good the oil is doing.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    17/22/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Yupp! I've got oil on my hair right now. On the inside it's driving me nuts because I can't stand looking at myself with this hair, but it's all good.
    Lady Lirr of the Heart-Stirring Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Yes! I love my oil too! I dipped my ends in water and then coconut oil today and it feels SO soft and silky tonight! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    pixie/34/44+
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

I have had mixed results with oiling, so I'm curious as to the details of application. Do you apply it to dry or wet hair, before or after washing? How much oil do you use? I am having a lot of trouble with the frizz/halo effect...does oiling help with that? How often you apply oils?

Thanks for any and all specific information you might share.
    Kate (signature picture taken October 2011--29.5 inches)
    Lady Asteria of the Amethyst Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/BSL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I apply my oil after washing when it's a bit damp.When I do heavy oiling I leave it in for 12-24 hours and wash it out with cwc.I don't know how many light oilings that turned heavy instead.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

When i oil i use one single drop, rubbed through my hands and smooth it through my dry hair at night, then bbb through. Feels soooooooo good, and i wash it out in the morning. I had to play with a lot of oils to find one that worked. the ONLY oil i found to work on my fine baby hair, was carrot oil. Others, even coconut seemed to just "sit on" my hair, carrot seems to get "sucked in", its a beautiful thing.

I also add a drop to my bottle of shampoo and shake. Makes the shampoo lovely.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    26/32.5/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I oil everyday. After washing while my hair is damp I oil the ends with Jojoba oil. And again at night I mist from my ears down and oil again. Days I dont wash I mist and oil.
    "Lady Atlanta" keeper of the boundless winds in the order of the Long Hair Knights.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I have recently discovered that my hair responds beautifully to a heavy olive oiling the day before washing it. It seems to absorb a lot of the oil, and after washing it's so smooth and silky and spiral-curly. Until discovering this, I would only very lightly coconut-oil the length while damp after washing and the ends every night or so before bed. Now I do both.

Length
    25"/27"/term
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

My biggest concern with oiling the night before a wash is that I can't always predict that I'm going to have time to wash that day. I am totally in love with doing it when I can pull it off though.

Me, I use Kimberlily's Hair Butter (which is mostly coconut oil, with a little jojoba, shea and EOs) and I use just a fingertip's worth rubbed into the ends, before I comb my wet hair out after Conditioner-Only washing. The trouble with that is, I have to comb out the "bottom half" and then let it wait for a bit for most of the oils to absorb before I comb out the "head half" of my hair. or it can look a bit stringy around my temples. Usually I comb out the bottom half before I get dressed and then comb out the rest (with a different comb) on the morning train, and that's enough time. Hair is still damp but most of the oil has sucked into the damaged ends, where I want it, and very little is going up the healthy roots toward my scalp.

Hope that wasn't too confusing!

- starsaphire
    Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death.

- "Auntie Mame"