Page 255 of 257 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2568

Thread: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Length
    0cm/APL/CL
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Now that I have been wearing my twists down more often, folks are starting to inquire about my "braids".
    They tend to bring it up in a way where they clearly know "braids" is not what they're called, so I am happy to enlighten them -- especially when "twist" is a fun name for a hairstyle anyway!
    2 yrs 4 yrs 6 yrs 7 yrs 8 yrs 9 yrs 10 yrs
    Hip (90 cm) stretched

lady karni mata, keeper of the long-tailed scouts in the order of the long haired knights

Length
    2/47/54
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I was putting it in a braided Spock bun for work. It was fine, we're very close, but my friends are really funny about my hair now because during the last year when we didn't see each other it went from TBL to FTL, and they're I guess it passed both of their personal "that's really long" to "omg" (but in a good way).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Hmmm were you doing something particular intricate? I don't think I'd like someone staring at me doing my hair!
    Last edited by Gem; May 26th, 2021 at 02:52 PM.

Length
    APL/37/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    so.... are you a zombie or no!?
    That remains to be seen

Length
    Hip/CL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

A friend of mine says he doesn't pay any kind of special attention to people's hair, including the length. He has seen me IRL with my hair down and loose.

Him: How long is your hair?
    Me: Nearly past my butt now.
    Him: WHAT??!?!? I would've thought it was down to your shoulders.

Usually it goes the other way round - that people think your hair is long no matter how many inches you've just cut off. In this case, my hair is short in his eyes no matter how long it grows.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    WL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    A friend of mine says he doesn't pay any kind of special attention to people's hair, including the length. He has seen me IRL with my hair down and loose.

Usually it goes the other way round - that people think your hair is long no matter how many inches you've just cut off. In this case, my hair is short in his eyes no matter how long it grows.
    Oh dear

I think I'm the opposite. This shows when I am at a new job. At one job I had trouble telling people apart, and assumed that one of my coworkers was two people who looked alike. At another job a colleague asked me if I was face-blind. I don't think I am, but for some reason I always focus on people's hair instead of their faces. It doesn't seem like a bad choice in the sense that our hair, after all, is something that we have more control and ability to style compared with our faces. But for the same reason, we can look different every day thanks to hairstyles- so it's not a great way of telling people apart...

Length
    2/47/54
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shterntikhl View Post
    I think I'm the opposite. This shows when I am at a new job. At one job I had trouble telling people apart, and assumed that one of my coworkers was two people who looked alike. At another job a colleague asked me if I was face-blind. I don't think I am, but for some reason I always focus on people's hair instead of their faces. It doesn't seem like a bad choice in the sense that our hair, after all, is something that we have more control and ability to style compared with our faces. But for the same reason, we can look different every day thanks to hairstyles- so it's not a great way of telling people apart...
    I am face-blind and do the same thing.

WOW haha he was WAY off in his estimate.
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

"I mean, it is down to my shoulders... it's just that it keeps going after that." LOL
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

That's ... quite a special form of obliviousness

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    "I mean, it is down to my shoulders... it's just that it keeps going after that." LOL
    very true!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness