Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Bun Waves Thread!

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Thumbs up The Official Bun Waves Thread!

Hello fellow LHCers!

I have searched the forum, and have not found an official bun waves thread! I found a heatless curls thread, bun picture thread, braid thread, but no bun waves thread!

Bun waves can be made with cinnabuns, messy buns, nautilus buns, beebutt buns, etc. and I think it would be so convenient to hear about all of your guys' different techniques on how to get the perfect bun waves. Feel free to include photos, videos, etc.!

I personally have been looking for a technique to make beachy, messy bun waves. I have not found a successful one yet! Anyone got a good technique for that?

Here is my contribution to the thread:

After my hair was 97-98% dry, I took my hair and cinna-bunned it with a big, soft scrunchie, making sure to not fold the ends at the end. I then slept in it, and then kept a cinnabun all day the next day with a hair stick. The results? Smooth, straighter hair with a big-bodied wave. (And this is when PhotoBucket decides to poop out on me and not upload my pictures.. PICS TO COME SOON FOLKS!)

So, anybody care to join?
    Last edited by SoulOfTheSea; September 14th, 2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Grammar

APL+//BSL//MBL//Waist

Length
    APL/hip/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Official Bun Waves Thread!

Aww--I had awesome bun waves the other day. No pics. It's nice to have stretched-out waves sometimes instead of my usual curls; my hair feels longer. I like to do two cinnamon buns so that the waves on both sides of my head curl toward the back. I do a "regular" one in the left (because I tend to twist right) and a "backward" one on the right side. If I want a single bun, I pull one through the middle of the other and pin with a stick, so that the coils stay the same direction I put them.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

my friend, i find her weird for saying this, but she doesnt like bun curls or waves. mainly becuase its like its flat all around your head and then suddenly there's waves. to her it looks "unnatural" but im like, if your hair is really long, usually its weighed down so the "natural" look IS exactly what bun waves usually look like. i agree its kinda funny to see, but theyre not bad. maybe you could section the hair and make tiny buns all around the head!
    has anyone experimented with that?? i might do it actually! now that i mention it! cool stuff! theyd be smaller waves i think, but that would be a nice effect too.

and also, does anyone like their waves from braiding it and then bunning it? mine doesnt look too great when i do it, i dont like it. XD looks weird to me.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    my friend, i find her weird for saying this, but she doesnt like bun curls or waves. mainly becuase its like its flat all around your head and then suddenly there's waves. to her it looks "unnatural" but im like, if your hair is really long, usually its weighed down so the "natural" look IS exactly what bun waves usually look like. i agree its kinda funny to see, but theyre not bad. maybe you could section the hair and make tiny buns all around the head!
    has anyone experimented with that?? i might do it actually! now that i mention it! cool stuff! theyd be smaller waves i think, but that would be a nice effect too.

and also, does anyone like their waves from braiding it and then bunning it? mine doesnt look too great when i do it, i dont like it. XD looks weird to me.
    If your friend dislikes the look of having flat scalp hair, tell her to bun loosly on the first twist nearest to the scalp, this leaves all the scalp hair in a sort of pillowy affect that results in much more volume at the top before the waves start. I always bun for waves like this, my hair doesn't really like to go tight, it comes loose lol.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    38"/52''/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I wish my hair produced nice bun waves. I get these clumpy dreads instead
    "Mira que si te quise, fué por el pelo. Ahora que estás pelona, ya no te quiero." - Frida Kahlo

Length
    short/mid/long
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I get superb bun waves from my go-to style of the moment: the figure eight bun. If I do it while my hair is still damp and leave it in all day, I feel like it's Chriastmas when I let my hair down. Fun!
    “You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair." ~ Anne Shirley

Here is a picture of the best bun waves I've ever gotten:

I had washed my hair the night before then put it up in a cinnabun in the morning and left it in all day. When I took my bun out for bed, that was the result! I so wish I had taken it out earlier in the day so I could've enjoyed the waves! My hair was totally flat the next morning, of course, haha.

I've never quite been able to replicate the waves. I tried a few times then gave up. I think the key (for me) is to cinnabun newly washed (but completely dry) hair. Maybe I'll try again...

Length
    Chin/TBL/44+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Wow Flying Penguin your bun waves look beautiful!

This is an old picture (it's longer now hooray!) but these are bun waves on me. I like them because it makes my hair look straighter but with movement still

I need to work out how to get the ends to go under instead of being so enthusiastically flippy though, never manage to beat that tendency out of it

Last edited by Ambystoma; September 15th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    <--Growing wavy virgin TBL hair, with long compact cut layers to Classic. 2b/M/C/ii low porosity.

Length
    APL/Hip!/BCL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My hair doesn't like bun waves that much, haha.
    I might try something tonight though. I'll do a bunch of beebut buns near the nape of my neck (maybe six) and then sleep on it, and see how it goes =D
    BSLMBL• WL • HLBCLTBL
    _________________________^Next stop; TBL!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I get the best bun waves from damp bunning like this

By wavyone at 2012-03-08

and this

By wavyone at 2012-05-20

Some really mad bun waves!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017