Thread: consistent warn weather... does it equal more hair?

Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default consistent warn weather... does it equal more hair?

With everyone talking about seasonal sheds has me wondering this.

If you have no season change and live in say sunny California, do you shed less all year and just keep more of your hair on your head?

Has anyone moved from a warm to colder climate or vice versa and noticed this? Just curious.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: consistent warn weather... does it equal more hair?

I've never noticed seasonal sheds or growth (except for a brief summer growth spurt since joining LHC and keeping track). I do feel like I have more hair when it is hot out, but that is more of a, "It's hot, get it off my neck!" thing than actual hair growth, hehe. I'd say everyone has different growth patterns and some may be influenced by temperature but it would take careful records to be sure that such was the case.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    2b/M/iii

I live in Northern California and have only noticed that my hair seems to grow faster in summer.

No sheds to speak of, except what comes out with daily combing and brushing.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gonzobird View Post
    With everyone talking about seasonal sheds has me wondering this.

If you have no season change and live in say sunny California, do you shed less all year and just keep more of your hair on your head?

Has anyone moved from a warm to colder climate or vice versa and noticed this? Just curious.
    Do you live there?? Or are you just assuming the whole state is sunny all the time?
    Not being rude..just asking. I know that southern California is mostly sunny all year around. It can get quite cold and nasty up here though.

Im in California and experience every single season, very clearly too. I love it.

Either way...my hair sucks no matter what state I live in. In nevada in the cold freezing snowy winter made all my hair fall out for some reason??

I have wondered about the heat thing though. I was going to experiment with trying to wear beanies and slouchy warm hats a lot this winter I cant wait.

I have never lived in a place with no season change before. I have never lived in southern california either for any time I can remember. (baby years don't count..I can not, for the life of me, remember those ones!)
    Taking an LHC break.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

i live in socal and my hair grows faster in the summer. Same for my mom, but shes also lived in a desert back in mexico. So shes always been in a warmer environment. Thats why i assumed hair grew faster in the summer, cuz my mom told me that when i was little. But i do shed quite a bit, im a shedder Im trying to see if it might be the products i use that cause shedding but who knows, i seem to have a sensitive but i assume being in a warmer climate makes your hair grow a little faster.

although, southern cali isnt warm all year round! the temperature does drop in the winter usually around 40f-50f but i wouldnt consider that warm. i know people in the rest of the country call that warm but thats cold to me! its cold enough to kill my plants at night, but the worry is more in summer for me beucase the heat burns my plants.

maybe hawaii is better? is warm year round and usually never changes much in temperature.
    Last edited by gthlvrmx; September 14th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

I dont live in California, and I realize they have weather changes. That was the first thing that came to mind.. I couldv'e said Fiji, I guess, but didn't think anyone on the lhc would be from there.... (I'm not offended, by the way.

I am just shedding more than I used to and should just stop thinking about it. (its not tons, maybe forty hairs when I wash my hair and maybe 15 a day that I notice otherwise, but I am just not used to it. Its usually barley any, or... Im just noticing it now more that I have longer,darker and not bleached blond hair)

It happened to me last year around this time, but that may have been because I came off of birth control at the same time, a few months earlier. (that Ive been on for 12 years.... so maybe hair just sheds more when you dont have artificial hormones floating around.)

I dont know... just wondering if this is my normal or our stupid super hot summer is part of it.

Also.... if this is normal, maybe hair just sheds a bunch during certain times of year and bulks up the rest? So it stays mostly the same overall? Shedding is just annoying. Im not stressed, sick, anything like that, and its not a lot, so maybe this is just how it goes. Like I said, on birth control pills since I was 20, so im not sure what normal "for me" is.