Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've Decided To Cut My Hair

Default I've Decided To Cut My Hair

I love having long hair, but I'm bored and I've been debating cutting it since December 2007. I had a trim, in December, but I was disappointed. It was my usual from tailbone to waist trim and it didn't feel different. I've decided to cut it to the middle of my back (BSL). If I don't chicken out at the last second. I think going from tailbone to BSL will be a change and I'll still be able to create a bun for work in the morning. Has anybody made a significant change in their length and loved or hated it?

Length
    17/22/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Whatever you cut off... Give to me. :P :P

Back when my hair was long, I had it cut to my shoulders. I regretted it a few hours later.

You're positive that you want to cut it off, but you're also thinking that you might chicken out? Maybe just cut off a few inches at a time and see if you want to keep going? If anything, it will grow back with time. =) Good luck.
    Lady Lirr of the Heart-Stirring Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    26/32.5/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I beleive the most important thing is that you like your hair. Even if that means you cut it.
    "Lady Atlanta" keeper of the boundless winds in the order of the Long Hair Knights.

Length
    shld/27.5/fairy
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I had it cut several times, and although I miss the length (and currently considering growing back to waist), I didn't regret it at all. I like the shorter hair on me, it suits my face a lot better. I might very well not get to waist at all this time. I'll just see where I (or my hair ) ends up.

If you have thought it over, and it is not a rash/emotional decision, go for it and enjoy the ride! You may regret it, or not. But you will only know for certain if you take the plunge. Remember, it is just hair and it will grow back!
    ~ Regrowing & Growing-out Henna ~ Current Length | 25.4" (May 2012)
    shld | apl | bsl | wst | hip | tb | class | ft
    Lady Aibell of the Silent Song Harp in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Short/Tlb/Knee?

Back in 2003 I went from hip length hair to shorter than shoulder length... I've regretted it ever since. And now my hair is finally back to hip length ( I cut it again in between then and now). if you absolutely want to cut, I'd suggest cutting like 4-6" off first to see if that does that trick in making you feel like your hair is interesting again. Sometimes a medium sized chop can make you feel better without sacrificing the whole length.

Length
    short/33"/clssc
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I went from tailbone to BSL last spring and I still regret it. My hair was too short to make a decent bun of any sort, and it's still a challenge. Like Neon Gloss said, maybe cut off a few inches at a time, leaving a couple weeks in between each time to make sure you don't go too short.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/iii

I agree with the people who say to take off a bit at a time. This way you can keep going till you're happy with your hair again without cutting off so much that you're once again unhappy with it.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think you ought to plunge right in and do what you've been thinking. You tried a smaller cut and you've thought about it for more than 2 weeks, so why not?

Length
    16/34/37
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

In September I went from tail bone to above shoulder length and I regret it everyday.
    July 4th 2010 about 32 inches. 2 years and 10 months
    after going from waist to chin length.

Last edited by wintersun99; February 19th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.