Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: For real?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,193
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

    Default For real?

    Ok, I just saw a pantene commercial and I really have to wonder........is anyone's hair really that smooth and shiny without doing anything but a shampoo and condish?

    The only way I can get my hair to even resemble something like that is to flat iron it and sleep with it in a bun (when I first flat iron it's a bit fizzy). Even than, my hair does not look as good as it does in the commercial.

  2. #2
    Member girlcat36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    near the sand dunes
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,369
    Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

    Default

    I want to know too! Are we talking about the girl with the super thick, shiny, straight hair that is almost black? That ones's been on alot.
    ​something awful happened to my hair in 2012; never figured out what!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

  3. #3
    Member basak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    not in the US
    Posts
    1,494
    Length
    28/idk/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

    Default

    When combed, loaded with cones and not slept on, my hair is shiny and smooth..for 3 minutes. After that, it doesn't look half that sleek.
    My nail polish blog
    http://ojevitrini.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    456
    Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

    Default

    I can't say anything about the smooth part... and I don't really use shampoo much anymore. But my hair's shine could blind somebody in bright sunlight. Pantene's got NOTHING on me. I have a couple pics of my hair in bright (and indirect...) sunlight in my photobucket account somewhere, I'll have to sift through the pages and see if I can find them.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,193
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feisty Redhead View Post
    I can't say anything about the smooth part... and I don't really use shampoo much anymore. But my hair's shine could blind somebody in bright sunlight. Pantene's got NOTHING on me. I have a couple pics of my hair in bright (and indirect...) sunlight in my photobucket account somewhere, I'll have to sift through the pages and see if I can find them.
    Would love to see those, that would make me believe that it is possible for someone to have hair like that....your blessed if your hair is like that.

  6. #6

    Default

    It's the professional studio light, then another pro video manipulation.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,193
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basak View Post
    When combed, loaded with cones and not slept on, my hair is shiny and smooth..for 3 minutes. After that, it doesn't look half that sleek.
    Your siggy shows hair like the commercials. Very pretty.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,193
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    I want to know too! Are we talking about the girl with the super thick, shiny, straight hair that is almost black? That ones's been on alot.
    This one was with the girl playing pool and takes her hair out of a ponytail and it just falls like a waterfall........lol it's on again as I type this.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    456
    Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

    Default

    Found 'em. Indirect sunlight on a bright day, no flash, and no products in my hair. The first one's after combing, and the second was before I had combed. (and I was tilting my head back a little, trying to see what it'd look like with a little more length. lol)


  10. #10
    Member girlcat36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    near the sand dunes
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,369
    Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

    Default

    Very beautiful, feisty redhead!
    ​something awful happened to my hair in 2012; never figured out what!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •