Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is so weird. (Unnaturally fast growth)

Default This is so weird. (Unnaturally fast growth)

About two weeks ago, I went off all of my medications/vitamins. It was midterm week, and I ran out, and I forgot to buy them. I was only on a mild antihistamine, and I haven't had any issues, and I was on a multi-pack of vitamins along with a hair, skin, and nails vitamin. It was a lot of pills in a day.

I recently started using castor oil once a week, and yesterday was the third time I have applied it. I started Weight Watchers on the 18th of January, and I have been working out 3x a week for about 40 minutes for about three months now. I have been a bit more energetic in the past couple weeks, but I have started drinking more caffeine and this Celsius energy drink thing too. Nothing major, really.

Today, I saw a friend who was out of the country for the last three weeks, and she was like "Wow, your hair has grown!" It was nice to hear, because I was wondering if it was all in my head.

I dyed my hair less than two weeks ago, and I have about an inch of growth. This is completely strange, because up until recently, I have been losing hair like mad and not really having much hair growth.

Doesn't it seem really strange that my hair would start to grow now? The only thing that has changed has been my LACK of vitamins and the castor oil, which sounds great but I highly doubt speeds up hair growth. Plus, I have been somewhat stressed because I can't find a job, and I recently ended a year-long relationship. Oddly enough, I have just felt happier in general, less argumentative.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know what could have caused this.
    Last edited by ibleedlipstick; February 6th, 2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: I type fast, but I think faster. Yay skipped words!
    There is no passion to be found in playing small, in settling for a life that is less than what you are capable of living- Nelson Mandela. My blog: http://www.ibleedlipstick.com

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: This is so weird. (Unnaturally fast growth)

Castor oil speeds hair growth for some people, that's why I bought it!

Castor oil for hair growth?

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Thumbs up Re: This is so weird. (Unnaturally fast growth)

Not weird at all, check out my photo album and you will see the huge castor oil growth I had too! I'm glad it works for you too.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It could be the exercise stimulating hair growth because of increased blood flow to the scalp?

Or something like that but the castor oil probably helped as well

Length
    27/33/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I'd say it was the combination of the castor oil, the exercise, and the healthier diet. Just my

On a side note, I'm doing Weight Watchers too! I started on December 2nd, and I love it.
    Jenna

Recently cut from 50" to 32". Happily growing again.

Congrats! That is very fast growth but exercise always makes my hair grow fast. I'm glad you're no longer stressed out too.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I haven't changed a thing, and my hair has been on turbo-grow lately as well.
    ??? but I like it

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Okay, guys, us jealous people want you all to figure out what is making this happen for you, bottle it, then send it to us, okay?!!! Please?
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    13 in/38.5/42
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Exercise always helps!!

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Nice! I concur with the others that it's probably a combination of extra exercise, healthier eating, and the castor oil. Also, while you may have stopped with the vitamins, you're possibly still getting the benefits from when you were taking them.

The only downside to super fast growing hair is that you need to colour more frequently
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!