Thread: New member

Length
    10/15/20
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default New member

Hi everyone, I’m finally joining the forum after a series of particularly disastrous haircuts and hair loss starting from Nov 2023 and last one being in Feb 2024.

My hair type is 1c/2a i/ii and current length is past shoulders, but it used to be 2b/2c when I was in my 20s. I’m in my late 30s now and trying to regain my texture, density and length although I’m afraid it’s too late and I’m stuck like this or getting worse.

Before the haircuts I used to be well on my way to my dream hair, I had been growing it since 2021 from a below chin length bob and had managed to get it to APL the summer of 2022, and in 2023 I maintained it around that length until fall, when I got Covid and started to experience massive shedding and thinning around the temples, possibly miniaturisation as well.

I thought cutting it into a bob again would help, but it went from bad to worse because I recklessly used hot tools to curl it because I felt so damn ugly… I hate how I look in bobs idk why I keep rushing back to them lol

Anyway, now I’ve at least regrown it to just past my shoulders, I’m using an anti-hair loss shampoo and treatment from Yves Rocher which helped me in 2021 to grow it out after a similar period of intense hair shedding. I’m no longer using any hot tools at all, except the rare time I have to rush and blow dry it on the lowest heat setting.

I wanted to join the forum to keep myself motivated to keep growing it from now on, instead of rushing to the scissors whenever the going gets tough.

Hope I eventually reach my APL goal and even go beyond that, provided I don’t go bald in the meantime, which is my biggest fear right now.

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: New member

Hello, welcome here
    There are many threads relating to your hair problems, and they contain a lot of information. I hope you will find the forum useful.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Welcome! Shoulder to APL sounds like a really doable goal. Has the Covid shedding stopped or are you still dealing with it? You mentioned being afraid you'd go bald before you reach your goal. Are you able to talk to a professional to see if there are any more intensive options?
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, good luck!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Welcome! Best of luck getting your hair back on track, and I second the advice above to check out the threads. There's a goldmine of information here.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    10/15/20
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Hi, thank you! It kind of stopped around March this year, but then I had to have a minor surgery in April, and that turned into a whole different kind of disaster which had me nearly paralyzed due to a bad reaction to antibiotics, I've recovered my mobility since, but I figured the immense stress would re-trigger a telogen effluvium shed sooner rather than later, and sure enough it seems the shedding has once again picked up around mid-July and ongoing.

I'll go to a trichologist in the next couple of weeks, more for some peace of mind, because even if it turns out to be some kind of horrible irreversible balding, at least I'll then be able to let go of the false hope that I can go back to the beautiful hair I had in my avatar picture, and the stress of treatments that yield no results. I can just shave my head for good if it comes down to that, but it would be a shame because I just joined this forum

Hello everyone!

Glad to have found your forum, I wanted to register here to find inspiration!

Have a nice day everyone!

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Miruki_9 View Post
    Hi, thank you! It kind of stopped around March this year, but then I had to have a minor surgery in April, and that turned into a whole different kind of disaster which had me nearly paralyzed due to a bad reaction to antibiotics, I've recovered my mobility since, but I figured the immense stress would re-trigger a telogen effluvium shed sooner rather than later, and sure enough it seems the shedding has once again picked up around mid-July and ongoing.

I'll go to a trichologist in the next couple of weeks, more for some peace of mind, because even if it turns out to be some kind of horrible irreversible balding, at least I'll then be able to let go of the false hope that I can go back to the beautiful hair I had in my avatar picture, and the stress of treatments that yield no results. I can just shave my head for good if it comes down to that, but it would be a shame because I just joined this forum
    Sorry to read that shedding has started up again, but at least you know what caused it. We'll hope this is transitory for you. Welcome to TLHC.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome
    A nice​ bun makes the day.