Thread: My henna/indigoed hair

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Arrow My henna/indigoed hair

I put this thread up on TBB but Ive noticednobody is on TBB since LHC came back up so Im putting my pics here too.

I henna and indigoed my hair on Sunday. I didnt have enough henna or indigo, turns out, but the result was kind of a cool mistake.
    Part of the reason I wanted to go jet black was because I didnt like the henna orange that seems impossible to get rid of. So I did the henna for about 4 hours, then the indigo for about 1 hour. I guess it wasnt long enough to make it black black, or maybe the jojoba oil I put in the mix trying to stretch it had something to do with it... Anyways, my roots are a dark red that looks as black as the length indoors, and a deep red in strong light and it doesnt turn orange!

This is my braid this morning.

This one shows how shiny my hair is now

Im still trying to decide if I like the red or if I should just go black. I dont really like being multi colored, but the roots are so dark indoors you can hardly tell. I guess I will order more henna and indigo and well see!

Also, anyone else that does this two step process, can you do it on different days? If I do this again I dont ever have time to do both steps in the same day, and I was wondering what would happen if I waited a few days between.

(sorry if the pictures suck/are too big/are all different sizes)

Length
    Shldr/BSL/TB/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Yes, you can do the two-step process on different days. As long as you don't have grow-out from the henna, you can still do your indigo.

My first 2-step process turned out similar to yours as well.

The front as well as my bangs were black though. It was pretty cool though, until I re-did it.
    1st goal: BSL May 2009 ​re-reached late 2012 2nd goal: Waist Final Goal: TB or Classic

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Wow, I like the different tones!

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I agree. It looks really pretty the way it is. If you do the indigo it's not a big commitment though. I did hendigo - mixed together - about 5 weeks ago and the indigo is pretty much gone now. The henna is still there though.

Length
    17?/close/WAIST
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

it looks great to me.. I don't indigo, but I like the red, and even on my whites I've never gotten orange from henna.. though I think the color I do get would be a bit overwhelming if it was my whole head without the darker hairs..
    http://gliders.phoenix.org - our sugar glider info page

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful hair Ohio Sky ,it's so shiny and the color turned out absolutely gorgeous! I love henndigo too. But I use the 1 step process. At first my color became redder more of a brown but as I redid , it created build up and now it's like your color And I saw that the indigo started to fade less. It used to be totally gone in two weeks but now after a month it's still way darker.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Thanks everyone for your comments

I also like the red, but I was hoping to get a least a hint of red on the chemical black parts and henna hasnt done it. I love dark, dark red hair that looks black in poor lighting. However, I dont know if it really looks that great on me. With my red rosacea face and green eyes, I look like Christmas with red hair...but black hair makes my eyes pop and tones down my red cheeks. So I think I may shoot for the black with a hint of blue sheen that Ive seen on indigoe'd hair. Its so beautiful!