Thread: Advice for 1B fine, thick hair care?

Default Advice for 1B fine, thick hair care?

Hi there,
    Is there a specific place on the forum for different types of hair?
    Does anyone have any advice for 1B fine hair type?
    I think my porosity is also low.

I’ve read that for low porosity clarifiers are important and light oils are better than heavier oils. I have certainly found this to be true for me. I’ll be trying a honey, aloe vera, rosemary wash this evening.

I’d love to hear any other advice or tips.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Advice for 1B fine, thick hair care?

My hair isn't natural. I use a lot of heat tools and chemical straightening (brazilian keratin treatment). To take care I use a lot of local brands (here a post, but I need to update this lol). I like to switch beetween silicone and sulfate-free products and normal formulas. To brush, I use a replica of Tangle teezer (I broke mine ��). I had a lot of hairloss in March 2023, my new hair is so fragile and thin, it breaks a lot and is very dry, so I use weekly a mixture between rosemary essential oil and avocado oil in my scalp after massage. I don't use daily, because my hair can become heavy and greasy. I use clarifying shampoo when I think it's a needy.

Length
    shldr/mbl/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Advice for 1B fine, thick hair care?

I've recently discovered that I am actually a 1b after thinking I was 1a.

Since my hair is so fine, the only way it is able to grow long and look nice is thanks to henna (I hendigo since I am cool-toned). It coats the hair strands and gives them enough strength to grow long. My hair also loves silicones. I sleep in braids to give my hair texture - this helps hide flyaways and makes my hair look nicer when I wear it down.

I think fine, 1b hair can be a somewhat difficult hair type. My hair isn't perfect by any means, but it is healthy and with a little care can look quite nice.
    Last edited by diamond_storm; June 19th, 2024 at 11:55 AM. Reason: rewording