Page 202 of 285 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicano View Post
    Just a quick question for you catnippers (!) How do you apply it?
    My method of application is at the start of this thread. Only my brew time has changed. Catnip can be applied the way that is easiest for an individual.

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quick question, hopefully it hasn't been asked yet:

If you're only using catnip for the split-end prevention, do you still need to bag it?

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    My method of application is at the start of this thread. Only my brew time has changed. Catnip can be applied the way that is easiest for an individual.
    Thanks! I think I need to take greater care with how I apply it. eg. concentrating on the very dry brittle short bits (and the greys) rather than the length that I have probably prioritised up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by RancheroTheBee View Post
    Quick question, hopefully it hasn't been asked yet:

If you're only using catnip for the split-end prevention, do you still need to bag it?
    I have found that catnip does not absorb into the hair as well, colour my hair as well or give me split end prevention without bagging it versus not bagging it.

Thanks! I think I need to take greater care with how I apply it. eg. concentrating on the very dry brittle short bits (and the greys) rather than the length that I have probably prioritised up to now.
    You are most welcome!

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Hmm... I'm really not sure about this now, as my hair is oh so dry and frizzy. Maybe I just need to use my usual leave-ins (shea butter, olive oil or glycerine, or a combination of all 3). I have done this treatment 3 days in a row (too much maybe?), but only shampooed it the first time. The other 2 occasions I have water washed.

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Hmm... I'm really not sure about this now, as my hair is oh so dry and frizzy. Maybe I just need to use my usual leave-ins (shea butter, olive oil or glycerine, or a combination of all 3). I have done this treatment 3 days in a row (too much maybe?), but only shampooed it the first time. The other 2 occasions I have water washed.
    You said "I washed with a non-sulfate shampoo", what was the shampoo? The reason I ask is because the shampoo itself may be leaving a build up on your hair which is preventing the catnip from working and then doing a water only wash twice after that wont remove anything that may have built up on your hair.

2a/M/iii - 56 inches

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

It has done something though, as I can see a colour change (noticed with the 2nd application).

Shampoo ingredients are:
    Aqua (pure water), Aloe barbadensis (aloe leaf) juice, Coco glucoside, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, urtica cioica (nettle), equisetum arvense (horsetail), lecithin (plant origin), rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary), levulinic acid (plant origin), xanthan gum (plant origin), usnea barbata, citric acid, chamomila recutita (chamomile).

Apologies for any spelling mistakes - have been squinting at the small print on my shampoo bottle! I've just bought a new shampoo, so can try with that one. I wonder if the coconut oil coated it (hadn't noticed that was in the ingredients), although I did get a colour change, as I mentioned.

From my experience, catnip over catnip does not work well in terms of conditioning.

I always shampoo in between treatments. Here is the Catnip Article, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=118.
    Last edited by ktani; October 31st, 2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added link and text

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

It has done something though, as I can see a colour change (noticed with the 2nd application).

Shampoo ingredients are:
    Aqua (pure water), Aloe barbadensis (aloe leaf) juice, Coco glucoside, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, urtica cioica (nettle), equisetum arvense (horsetail), lecithin (plant origin), rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary), levulinic acid (plant origin), xanthan gum (plant origin), usnea barbata, citric acid, chamomila recutita (chamomile).

Apologies for any spelling mistakes - have been squinting at the small print on my shampoo bottle! I've just bought a new shampoo, so can try with that one. I wonder if the coconut oil coated it (hadn't noticed that was in the ingredients), although I did get a colour change, as I mentioned.
    From previous questions I have asked about ingredients that can coat the hair I believe that the coconut oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary), urtica cioica (nettle) and chamomila recutita (chamomile) could all interfere with the effectiveness of the catnip. I'm not sure about the other ingredients.
    Last edited by KarpatiiSiv; October 31st, 2009 at 09:04 AM.

2a/M/iii - 56 inches