Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found an amazingly beautiful way to set (velcro) rollers -which style do you like?

Default I found an amazingly beautiful way to set (velcro) rollers -which style do you like?

Whoa I made a search with the word "rollers" here and got so much new interesting info about different kinds of rollers I have never even heard about... But I thought I could start a new thread about how roller users here are wrapping those rollers to their heads 😉 (If anyone is doing that anymore...)

I'm namely very happy that I finally found a way to set velcro rollers to my front hair so that it forms my hair very beautifully, just like I was dreaming in a princess style, that I was searching for years how to reach it. A bit like princess Jasmin in Disney's Aladdin movie. My head is longish and forehead high-ish, and I find my scull a bit too narrow, so I need volume to the sides and not on top of my head so much. I want to make my head look more like heart shaped, hard to explain. So if you look for instructions to put rollers to your front hair, they only show one way to do it: roll a big roller to all your bangs together from down rolling backwards towards behind your head (nineties supermodel style). But this gives me volume only on top of my head. I tried to half my front hair from the middle (I don't know if I should call them bangs or what, they reach my chin when my other hairs reach my waist) and rolled the rollers up from sides same way as the previous roller that I just described, but turned the outer edges back, so that from front you only see the wheel-shaped egdes of the rollers side by side (this is not so precise, I'm only trying to describe this so that somebody can understand what I mean 😂 ). I think this makes your layers frame your face in an absolutely gorgeous way with volume on the sides of your scull. 🙂 Has anybody else tried this way to set rollers? Or which way do you like?
    *edit*
    My problem might be that my front hairline is pretty high and there's not much hair growing high on my temples, where it should be growing to make it easier to get volume on the sides (male type bald spots -I have fine baby hair there though). But this way it succeeds.
    Last edited by Priska; March 24th, 2023 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: I found an amazingly beautiful way to set (velcro) rollers -which style do you li

Now it sounds a bit funny that I was searching this way "for years" 🤔😂
    (Fortunately I was also doing lots of other things too during those years... 😁 )

Default Re: I found an amazingly beautiful way to set (velcro) rollers -which style do you li

Oh, sounds interesting!
    Having never used rollers myself, having a hard time picturing the directions tho.
    Maybe you should post some pics
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

I was trying to find instructions how I get the right to send pictures here but didn't find... Okay I must search harder 😁

Do you get these pics open? From second photo you see which way hair comes to roller, but I put them tight together.

(I still must send a picture of final result but I must get me prettier first... 😂 )

https://postimg.cc/WdjTt5Td/d7b8614b

https://postimg.cc/3dQHbtyt/70ed0fc0

Cutting bangs in layers sure would make this hairdo still better, but I don't know if I have the courage...
    Last edited by Priska; March 24th, 2023 at 03:33 AM.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

PSA: Velcro rollers are a quick and easy way to rip your hair out. Particularly if it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonMurphella View Post
    PSA: Velcro rollers are a quick and easy way to rip your hair out. Particularly if it's fine.
    Yes, that's why it's great to learn that there are also foam rollers and sponge rollers. I wonder why they don't sell them in our shops, only velcro rollers... But in internet you find those.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My mom uses metal rollers; this kind. You set it with a "pin". Old-fashioned style, but it works and if it is stuck, you just take the little boar bristle brush in the middle out and roll the roller out the hair. Wait... I'll show them to you:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/164352992632

They come in all kinds of sizes. Sorry I had to link ebay, but they are difficult to find, lately. My mom has had her set for decades. They don't wear!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My mom uses metal rollers; this kind. You set it with a "pin". Old-fashioned style, but it works and if it is stuck, you just take the little boar bristle brush in the middle out and roll the roller out the hair. Wait... I'll show them to you:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/164352992632

They come in all kinds of sizes. Sorry I had to link ebay, but they are difficult to find, lately. My mom has had her set for decades. They don't wear!
    Interesting, thanks! 🙂

Ready now... I know my hair looks just normal in these pictures but normally it's even much more flat 😂 I still need to practice this more and right now I am in a horrible hurry to get my kid from daycare and arrange him a birthday party... I guess I should use styling foam/mousse rather than only spray. Still practicing! But this styling at least allows me to try to achieve what I want... (Even though it goes again flat very quickly...) (My right side goes always annoyingly higher than left side which
    I prefer.)

I still must add here a photograph how it goes with me with only one roller...
    Last edited by Priska; March 24th, 2023 at 08:48 AM.