Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Growing out Bangs/Fringe Support Thread

Length
    pixie/messy/bob
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default The Growing out Bangs/Fringe Support Thread

I'm 10 weeks into growing out my blunt, heavy fringe, and without putting it up in clips etc. it looks like this –

I look like a Ramone, but much less cool –

Anyone else trapped in fringe limbo? Who's escaped? Is there life after bangs?
    Last edited by LutraLutra; November 24th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: The Growing out Bangs/Fringe Support Thread

I'm growing out some face framing layers that the stylist cut in 6 months ago. I've still got a long way ahead of me. So yes, I'm still trappes in fringe limbo, AAARGH!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

Quote Originally Posted by LutraLutra View Post
    Anyone else trapped in fringe limbo? Who's escaped? Is there life after bangs?
    You'll get through it! I started growing mine out back in February and my hair is all one length now. (I cut it into a chin length bob earlier this month.) Stick with it and it'll be over soon.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I'm doing a "one year/no cut" personal challenge until July 18 of next year. I decided that means fringe, too, so I'm not cutting it. The shortest part is more than chin length, so it's pretty easy to blend into my hair. I can pull it all back for certain styles, although it doesn't always stay back.

Type
    2a/M/ii

i am growing my bangs out at the moment. I have always had them. I guess i am just doing it to see what they look like in an up do. Also i don't like the part very much. I may end up cutting them again but i want to get them long enough to at least try them back!
    They are a little bit passed my nose. Once you get passed the stage where they keep getting in your eyes they are much easier. I can almost tuck them behind my ears.
    i wonder what it will be like to be able to pull them back! Of course when i have clipped them back before it feels weird afterwords after being pulled the opposite way.

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/Hip?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

When I was constantly growing out my fringe clips helped a lot. Or I'd sidesweep them and tuck them behind my ears. Is there a reason you don't want to use clips?

I don't plan to escape the limbo myself, but it is doable. Good luck

I only look confused. Arctic_Mama's Avatar
    Length
    Shldr/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

I support you, even if I don't join I look terrible without bangs, my face is much too round and it looks harsh on me, but I DID grow out about half of them when I was younger so they'd be a much lighter, gentle fringe and not so thick as they were when I was a child. Even just growing out part of them made a huge difference, but I got to keep the good parts of the fringe.
    The hair is the richest ornament of women. - Martin Luther
    Goal: Virgin knee length

Length
    APL/APL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
    I support you, even if I don't join I look terrible without bangs, my face is much too round and it looks harsh on me, but I DID grow out about half of them when I was younger so they'd be a much lighter, gentle fringe and not so thick as they were when I was a child. Even just growing out part of them made a huge difference, but I got to keep the good parts of the fringe.
    I'm going through the exact thing right now. The hairdresser cut them way too thick and far back, so I'm growing half of it out. I've been using lots of bobby pins. This process is a pain.

Length
    26 in/34.5/35 in
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Stay the course! I first grew my bangs out when I was a senior in high school. When I was a junior in college, I chopped my hair to chin length and then cut thin bangs. I kept bangs until I was 22? and grew them out again. It was easier the second time since they were not as thick a section of my hair. I love not having bangs. My DD 3 does not have bangs either. I had lots of annoying comments about that as she was growing her hair out since she refused to wear clips or elastic, but I don't have to hassle with trimming bangs on a feisty child so I am happy!

Length
    pixie/messy/bob
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Aw, thanks guys. I can't wait 'till I can tuck my fringe hair behind my ears.