Thread: Not new, really, but it’s been a Long Time!

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Not new, really, but it’s been a Long Time!

I just thought I’d better stop in and re-introduce myself. It’s been more than 10 years since I was here, and I sure missed you all. I had tailbone length hair when I was here last, but family illnesses and whatnot made me realize that wasn’t going to be very convenient(lots of getting up in the middle of the night to rush to the hospital), so I cut it back to shoulder length. With one thing and another, I wound up keeping it at that length for the next ten years and pretty much ignored it.

This year it was my turn to be the “medical emergency”. Skin cancer, all better now, but it took two surgeries to get there. In the process I was French braiding my hair to keep it out of the surgeon’s way and discovered that I really missed braiding! Luckily it had been awhile since I’d cut it so it was down to almost bra strap length, so plenty long enough. Anyway, it made me miss having long hair, so here I am, back on the journey.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone else’s journeys again, and maybe even seeing a familiar face or two.
    Last edited by Rtzgrl; August 12th, 2024 at 07:07 PM.

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Not new, really, but it’s been a Long Time!

Welcome back!

Every time I cut my hair to shoulder length, I end up regretting it, so never again! The last time was when Fellowship of the Ring first got released to theaters and I was trying to look more like a Hobbit. I hated it! Even though my Mom once said shoulder length is long enough, I disagreed and told her I wouldn't go any longer than waist length, since if I'm sitting on it, it's too long (at least for me). I also don't like my hair on my neck, so anything shorter than APL is out. I trimmed my hair back to in between APL and MBL a couple of months ago (it was approaching waist length) and is slowly growing back to MBL (a length I can live with). Should have stuck with the ponytail method instead of the double braid method, since then I would have only lost about two and a half inches rather than four. Oh well, live and learn, as they say.

I've been down the Cancer road. In my case breast cancer. Nearly five years cancer free (still on Letrozole until September of next year). No family history, but my eating habits have never been the greatest (picky eater, here). I'm an omnivore that doesn't like to eat vegetables (I'll eat them, but that doesn't mean I have to like them), so I'm trying to find ones that I actually like. I'm also lactose intolerant (it's very mild). I buy lactose free products (milk, cheese, margarine, ice cream, yogurt, some meats, etc), but tend to overdue the snacks that contain it (chocolate bars, cakes, cookies, gummy bears that have some milk products in them), so perhaps I should start making my own, since I've seen quite a few recipes for lactose free snacks.
    Keeper of the Royal Order of Playful Kitties
    No trimming 2024: 11 July - 31 Dec
    APL - MBL - WL

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Hi and welcome back,

So glad you fought back your medical emergency! I love braiding, too and missed it so much with my shorter hair.
    I had super long hair as a kid and teen, but my hair tends to fall out during sickness and stress. So I cut it short in my later teens and then tried to regrow it. It didn't really work as much, especially because I didn't like my hair color much.

So I did cut my hair back to chin length in 2021, because it was always thin, dry and damaged by hair dye (Hairtype 3a/3b). After a few trims, I noticed,it got better so I wanted to grow it back. I got a rather bad infection by the end of 2022 that did cost me a lot of my hair. I am now somewhere between brastrap lenght and a little longer with a lot of shorter hairs, since I am having a little regrowth (so happy about that)

I am now with probably two strands of hair somewhere between brastrap and waist lenght. Still a long way to go, but I am trying to be patient.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome back
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

welcome back nice to meet you

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi, nice to meet you! Congrats on your recovery from skin cancer
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal