Thread: Finally graduating from "just don't cut it"

Talking Finally graduating from "just don't cut it"

Hello hello! I have a lot of hair, and I kept it very short for most of the last decade just because I couldn't stand the effort of keeping it from turning into a rat's nest, let alone properly caring for it. This was until I tried out a severe undercut and only a bit less than half of my hair was allowed to grow out. With so much less total hair to manage, I've found myself enjoying having the length again, and kept putting off my trims. I've just hit BSL, which is about as long as it's ever been, and now I've decided to see just how long it can get!

This happened to coincide with me having a job in a snack factory, which means the length I have has been through the wringer of exposure to salt, grease, and harsh cleaning chemicals. (I'd never seen a split end in real life before last year!) I've since changed jobs but the damage is here to stay. I can't bear to just chop it off, so I'm working out how to manage what I've got and find a routine that helps the new growth come in strong and healthy.

I've already learned a lot browsing this forum, looking forward to growing more with you all.

Length
    BCL/BCL+/term
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Finally graduating from "just don't cut it"

Hello! The "don't cut" method does not work for me currently either. I have way too much damage at the ends and I need to keep up with it. Fortunately microtrimming works for me, so perhaps you could give it a try? Or maintain at the length you currently have, if you enjoy it and grow again once your ends get healthier. A good hair care routine is a must, especially with damaged hair. Good luck on your hair journey!

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Welcome! Glad you found a style that allows to enjoy growing your hair again. If you know your usual growth rate, that will help you determine how much you can trim without losing length.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Welcome! Glad you found a style that allows to enjoy growing your hair again. If you know your usual growth rate, that will help you determine how much you can trim without losing length.
    I have to buzz the undercut again soon, so I'll have the chance to see how it grows from zero.