Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Hair Fork?? (rant)

Length
    16/22/34
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

Angry Ceramic Hair Fork?? (rant)

There are quite a few beautiful hair forks i have my eye on but DBF keeps giving me snide remarks about the price. saying that 37$ is too much to spend on something that just goes in your hair, and that he can make one out of clay and it will be free. It would be neat to have a ceramic hair fork but he doesn't really know the dimensions i don't think. And i don't know if it would be too heavy. Also, what happens if it accidentally falls out of my hair? It would break! Then he said to go buy a cheap plastic one and he'll paint it I don't think he understands it really... The one i want, the image is sealed in acrylic resin and is very durable, water resistant, and flexible. It is smooth and won't snag any hairs and will last for years if i take care of it. And it's not just about function. I wanted something that would adorn my hair as well. I don't wear regular jewelry, the closest thing i have to a bracelet is the hair tie i keep on my wrist in case of emergencies. So i would like something nice to spice up my outfit, even if only from the back. I see some hair forks on here that people have spent over a hundred dollars on, and with hair jewelry you really get what you pay for. Besides that, he spends his money on ridiculous junk too! Why can't i splurge on myself.. erm... my hair lol, for just this one time? Oh well. Boys just don't understand do they?

ETA: I found the thread for self made hair toys and plan to make some wooden ones soon . Just to be clear on this: He isn't bossing me around and telling me that i can't buy it, and i am not really as mad as i seem.. in fact this thread started as me asking whether or not ceramic would make good hair forks haha.. But it turned into just me venting out my frustration. Sorry to anybody who got the wrong idea!
    Last edited by sweetestpoison; May 12th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.

~going natural~

Length
    Chin/??/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Ceramic Hair Fork?? (rant)

Tell him that like you said, it's like a piece of jewelery. And if he doesn't understand that, tell him its a girl thing and that he may never understand. :P

I'm sure that you're definitely better off buying an expensive one that you will cherish and will last and not damage your hair, rather than something cheap and disposable.

It grew while I wasn't paying attention...how sneaky.

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Point out the stupid stuff he has that you could have made him a crappier version of. Offer to create him stuff out of duct tape. Explain to him it's 'hair jewellery', perhaps? You don't like jewellery on your wrist/fingers/neck, but you like it in your hair, and that a 37 dollar necklace wouldn't be unreasonable!

Length
    16/22/34
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Point out the stupid stuff he has that you could have made him a crappier version of. Offer to create him stuff out of duct tape. Explain to him it's 'hair jewellery', perhaps? You don't like jewellery on your wrist/fingers/neck, but you like it in your hair, and that a 37 dollar necklace wouldn't be unreasonable!

That necklace comment is a wonderful counter argument! Thank you!!

~going natural~

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Just out of curiosity, if it's ceramic, how is it flexible? Someone crafty educate me!

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetestpoison View Post
    That necklace comment is a wonderful counter argument! Thank you!!
    That is a good argument. Besides, it's your money, if you really want something the badly, I see no reason not to get it. Some people have different hobbies; long-hair people collect hair toys !
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I think they're good value for money. I like to think that it would be very hard for me to lose a hair fork compared to hair elastics which I lose easily and have probably spent hundreds on over my lifetime.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    16/22/34
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HintOfMint View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if it's ceramic, how is it flexible? Someone crafty educate me!
    sorry for the mix up, the one i want is flexible lol

~going natural~

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sweetestpoison View Post
    sorry for the mix up, the one i want is flexible lol
    Do you have a link for it? I'm curious.
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Length
    44"/60"/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quezie View Post
    Tell him that like you said, it's like a piece of jewelery. And if he doesn't understand that, tell him its a girl thing and that he may never understand. :P

I'm sure that you're definitely better off buying an expensive one that you will cherish and will last and not damage your hair, rather than something cheap and disposable.
    I need to remember the "girl thing" argument for any occasion next time people comment on my likes!
    My first thought on your description is Rasaom, is it one of her forks?