Page 220 of 285 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    Hey Ktani,

Regarding our previous discussion about catnip not really being found in conventional products, I've found something interesting. I was looking at this Softee Indian Hemp Hair and Scalp Treatment that I bought for my husband a while back to help with his thinning hair (it contains Jaborandi Oil and Nettle Oil which may help with growth and to decrease shedding). I notice it contains, "Nepeta Cataria" although it is very low on the ingredient list, unfortunately. Wish they'd start including catnip in more products! The product is nice, even if it's too bad it's base is petrolatum!
    Petrolatum is not evil. Nice to see catnip being included in a conventional product!

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Petrolatum is not evil. Nice to see catnip being included in a conventional product!
    oh, good to know. I guess the only downside too it is it can build-up? or clog the pores? Yeah, I thought you'd like seeing that. I wish catnip would start showing up in more products

If anyone else notices any conventional products containing catnip let us know

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    oh, good to know. I guess the only downside too it is it can build-up? or clog the pores? Yeah, I thought you'd like seeing that. I wish catnip would start showing up in more products

If anyone else notices any conventional products containing catnip let us know
    You are most welcome.

I did research on petrolatum here, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ght=petrolatum,

and here, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=100

and here, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=137 and a few more posts in the Nivea Creme thread.
    Last edited by ktani; February 28th, 2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added links and text

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I am just wondering.. those of you who CO, when do you do your rinse? Winter was pretty harsh on my hair this year so I am back to CO'ing for awhile.. so I can't do it right after I 'poo and then condition.. just wondering if I should put it in before or after I'm still cone-free.

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_Sprinkle View Post
    I am just wondering.. those of you who CO, when do you do your rinse? Winter was pretty harsh on my hair this year so I am back to CO'ing for awhile.. so I can't do it right after I 'poo and then condition.. just wondering if I should put it in before or after I'm still cone-free.
    Hi Cherry,

I've been COing and using catnip at least a few times per week. The way I do it is to CO wash with V05 or White Rain. Then I get out of the shower and put my microfiber towel on my hair until I get dried off and dressed into my pajamas (I shower at night). Then I take my hair out of the towel and soak my length into my bowl of catnip tea (I keep it in the fridge for the whole week and take it out each afternoon so it's not so cold when I use it). I get both sides of my length really wet with the catnip then I put it up i a pony or quick bun and cover it with a ziplock baggie or a plastic shower cap. I then let it soak for an hour while I'm doing other things or watching TV. Then I rinse it out quickly in the bathroom sink and apply a bit of my rich conditioner or my leave-in oils, like Camellia.

On nights when I go to the gym and use catnip I apply it after I shower after swimming. I shampoo then condition then apply it right at the gym by soaking my length in my little bowl of catnip tea (it's a plastic food storage container with an air tight lid so I can take it with me to the gym). Then, I put my hair up and under a plastic shower cap and just make sure I wear a winter cap on my head out of the gym to keep me warm and so nobody sees me walking with a plastic shower cap on my head LOL. It works really well and allows me to use my catnip even while out and about at the gym. I do the same and rinse my catnip out an hour later at home.

Hope this helps.

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

thanks! that does

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

This keeps coming up so I will clarify any concerns (I just had a pm that I replied to about about this).

Catnip stain is light yellow, not red or gold. It will not show up on darker hair. It is not like the gold one can get from chamomile. It is light yellow in a tone that is between ash and warm but it is still yellow. It is not however, a bright yellow like tumeric. It is a natural looking, soft colour.
    Last edited by ktani; March 1st, 2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks for the reminder, Ktani. I know a lot of people freak on the "catnip stains the hair" issue and think it'll be a strong or lasting stain.

I can confirm that with two back to back catnip treatments my roots have enhanced golden tones, but everything else (hennaed) is exactly the same as it was before. My virgin hair already has golden tones (blech), which the catnip definitely strengthens, but only to my eye. I seriously doubt anybody else looking at my roots would notice. Since my hair is washed between catnip treatments, it never builds and was only noticeable this last time because of the two in a row session.

Length
    15"/39.2"/42"CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Just wanted to pop in and say hello while I'm sitting here with catnip on my hair I've been using it now for 6 months and it's definitely still working for me! So thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I'm not sure if my hair is really much stronger or has less splits (I hope so though), but catnip makes it shiny!

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

So a little experiment.........the catnip I have been using was bought at the farmer's market back in the summer. It came in little zip baggies all chopped up.

Today I got some catnip tea from the health store that of course comes in tea bags. I brewed a batch of each to see if there would be any difference. I did the tea per the directions but doubled it. Here's what I got:

The left is the loose stuff from the farmer's market and has a very yellow to yellow green tint. The catnip tea came out more reddish/coppery.

So my question is what, if any, difference may there be between the two? What does your tea look like?
    Growing out again since August 2019
    pixie
    ~ cl ~ sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~.......?