Thread: Talk about creative hairstyles!!

Length
    18/28.5/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Talk about creative hairstyles!!

I just discovered this YouTube channel (Secretos de Chicas) while browsing for makeup tutorials. Although it's in Spanish, you don't need to understand Spanish in order to copy her hairstyles. I've never seen such creative and easy hairstyles before!

Check out these particular two:

http://youtu.be/4aj3HmwnA1w

http://youtu.be/eT5CEIhtCDc

I'm sure the rest of her hair tutorials are just as amazing, though I've yet to see them.

Just thought I'd share
    "Be like G-d and don't look for people's shortcomings and weak points. You will then be at peace with everyone." -Rebbe Nachman

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Talk about creative hairstyles!!

They are very beautiful, but I cannot imagine the damage all those tiny hair ties would do to my hair! I have never had good luck with them... they always break my hair off.

Can anyone give any suggestions for tiny hair ties that create less damage? I would love to do these styles, but I am so worried about the elastics getting caught on my hair.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Length
    18/28.5/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shutterpillar View Post
    They are very beautiful, but I cannot imagine the damage all those tiny hair ties would do to my hair! I have never had good luck with them... they always break my hair off.

Can anyone give any suggestions for tiny hair ties that create less damage? I would love to do these styles, but I am so worried about the elastics getting caught on my hair.
    I thought the same thing I'm sure there are less damaging hair elastics one could use!
    "Be like G-d and don't look for people's shortcomings and weak points. You will then be at peace with everyone." -Rebbe Nachman

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Oh man, those are so cute! And eaasssyyyy~ maybe you could use string or embrodary floss instead of the elastics?
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ear/CB/WL:31
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Maybe buy baby tights and cut teeeensy thin hair ties out of them? I don't know, but I want to try those so badly and tiny ties always rip my hair too.

Anyone who figures out a method should post their results!!
    ***2a/b, 4.75"**Arctic Fox => pink***
    ~chin~shoulder~collarbone~armpit~brastrap~waist~

Length
    BSL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I really like some of her hairstyles... much easier than having to braid... but I'm not sure they are good for hair
    Lady Lostariel Of the Flowers, In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Dollyfish, I actually thought about doing that as soon as I posted. Unfortunately, both of my kiddos are beyond the teensy baby tights age so I don't have any laying around.

I wonder if one could use regular womens panty hose and then cut the loop in half and tie the two ends to make it smaller? I'll need to experiment with this. I think the use of the hair ties would make hair styles much neater for those with layers in their hair. But if it weren't for the damage!
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Length
    27.5/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Dollyfish, I actually thought about doing that as soon as I posted. Unfortunately, both of my kiddos are beyond the teensy baby tights age so I don't have any laying around.

I wonder if one could use regular womens panty hose and then cut the loop in half and tie the two ends to make it smaller? I'll need to experiment with this. I think the use of the hair ties would make hair styles much neater for those with layers in their hair. But if it weren't for the damage!
    If you have a thrift store, or goodwill near you, a bag of baby tights can uaully be found or under $1.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Just wanted to say that I do this. I've only had one come untied on me, and that was after lots of use and because I cut the excess off quite closely. In general they work quite well. But they're still somewhat bulkier than the tiny elastics.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Thank you so much for those links, I will definately be checking out most of those videos
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC