Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad News

Length
    22"/MCalf/Floor
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Bad News

UPDATE: The Board of Education had to admit they made a mistake, and I get to go!

No moving! I'm in my dream school!

If you gals and guys remember, last month I posted that I got in my dream High School.

Something messed up, so now I'm on a waiting list. If I don't get in, my mom said she's going to move my sister and me, because all the bullies I said weren't going to Dream School? They're going to the school I'd have to go to. She knows I'd do anything but go there.

I hope we can fix it, because I'd have to leave my dad and kitties at my house and live in another town most of the week.

I just need a hug right now.
    Last edited by GrowingOut; March 6th, 2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Great News
    Hip--BCL--Classic--Fingertip--Knee--Mid-Calf--Ankle

Growing long and strong!

Length
    Pixie/23.4"/34"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Bad News

((hugs)) I hope everything works out!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm so sorry, I hope you can get it all sorted.

Patiently growing out dye and embracing the ombre look

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Write a letter to the principal, or better yet, get an appointment and tell him/her your story in person and mostly, how that school is perfect for you and how you would benefit. Also tell him/her what you would do for the school - be it orchestra or sports or latin club or school website or whatever. (It is kind of like getting a job, now that I think of it). You could also have one of your current teachers, one you trust and admire who sees your special talents, write a letter also, on your behalf. Believe me, this can work. You want this so much. Go for it. Good luck!

My daughter was on the waiting list for her dream school - one of the best if not the best college in the country. Her chemistry teacher wrote one more letter of recommendation and she wrote one more update letter, telling them how much she wanted to attend that school. She was one of 20 who got off of a waiting list of over a thousand! So this can work.

Other options: being home schooled or taking high school courses on line through a community college or a combination.

If all else fails, you can do what I did. I took classes no low minded person would want to take. I took senior lit classes when I was a sophomore. I took 3 foreign languages. I took science classes only science nerds would think of. I did NOT take art (seen by the low lifes as easy) and the general courses if an advanced option was available. I ended up getting out of most of the classes that would be disrupted by kids who did not want to be there and that was more important than following my art dreams. I could always do that later. And I did.

I wish you well.

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

But, you wanted hugs. I am sending one big on to you.

Length
    22"/MCalf/Floor
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lunalocks View Post
    Write a letter to the principal, or better yet, get an appointment and tell him/her your story in person and mostly, how that school is perfect for you and how you would benefit. Also tell him/her what you would do for the school - be it orchestra or sports or latin club or school website or whatever. (It is kind of like getting a job, now that I think of it). You could also have one of your current teachers, one you trust and admire who sees your special talents, write a letter also, on your behalf. Believe me, this can work. You want this so much. Go for it. Good luck!

My daughter was on the waiting list for her dream school - one of the best if not the best college in the country. Her chemistry teacher wrote one more letter of recommendation and she wrote one more update letter, telling them how much she wanted to attend that school. She was one of 20 who got off of a waiting list of over a thousand! So this can work.

Other options: being home schooled or taking high school courses on line through a community college or a combination.

If all else fails, you can do what I did. I took classes no low minded person would want to take. I took senior lit classes when I was a sophomore. I took 3 foreign languages. I took science classes only science nerds would think of. I did NOT take art (seen by the low lifes as easy) and the general courses if an advanced option was available. I ended up getting out of most of the classes that would be disrupted by kids who did not want to be there and that was more important than following my art dreams. I could always do that later. And I did.

I wish you well.
    Thank you for the suggestions. My mom is trying to contact them, because we were sent an E-mail before that I got in hence why I was excited.

However, the Nightmare School doesn't offer much of a challenge no matter what, so if it comes down to it, the move is a better option.

And thanks for the hugs, gals.
    Hip--BCL--Classic--Fingertip--Knee--Mid-Calf--Ankle

Growing long and strong!

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

I'm sorry. I hope you get in, and I highly recommend the suggestions others gave you. I was bullied during middle school and understand how hard it is.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Here's some more internet hugs!
    "I stopped cutting it when my true love went off to the Crusades and I vowed not to cut it or talk about it until they get back."
    Quote from Kat's mother, one that deserves to be used over and over!

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Hugs! And please do update when you find out what happened. I hope it works out in your favour!!
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Another idea: does your district offers a running start program? I had several friends that I never saw at school because they took almost all their classes at the community college and got free credit that transferred to university. I wish I had done it.