Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I put pictures (and album pictures) in my posts?

Length
    28/30/31ish
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default How do I put pictures (and album pictures) in my posts?

The title just about sums it up! Do I have to use photobucket? And if I do, how do I go about doing so? Thanks
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

No, you don't have to use Photobucket, but your picture has to be hosted somewhere on the internet. Your ISP may have given you space as part of your service, or you can use Image Shack, Tinypic, or Photobucket.

Upload the picture from your computer to the host. For space at your ISP, you will need an FTP program. Filezilla is a free one.

Once your picture is uploaded, a URL will appear for you to copy and paste into a post. At Photobucket, they are under the uploaded picture. You want the one with the IMG tags.

Paste the code into a post so it looks like this:

[IMG]URL of your picture[/IMG]

That's all there is to it, but if you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask for help.

----------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:

For adding album pictures to posts, thanks to the lovely and talented Gumball.

Update for vBulletin 4.x.x.

Head over to an album photo of yours. Below it are two boxes that contain a URL: Picture URL and BB Code. If you highlight the BBCode URL you can copy and paste it directly into a post. Voila! Image posted!

Find an album image of your own and test it out on the Test Board. With a little practice you'll be posting your images everywhere!

If you have trouble finding the URL of the image you can use the following directions:

• Firefox: Right/alternate click on the image and select View Image to go to the page with the right web address or Copy Image Location to copy the address directly without going to the page.
    • Internet Explorer: Right/alternate click on the image and select Copy Shortcut to copy the address of the image directly.
    • Safari: Right/alternate click on the image and select Open Image in New Tab to go to the page with the right web address or Copy Image Address to copy the address directly without going to the page.
    • Chrome: Right/alternate click on the image and select Open image in new tab to go to the page with the right web address or Copy image URL to copy the address directly without going to the page.

You'll know if you have the correct address because if you put it in your address bar and go to it you will only see the image.

Here is a second set of instructions with accompanying images.

PS: Always remember the image posting rules.
    Last edited by Gumball; January 10th, 2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Updated to revise directions for newer vbulletin version.

Length
    28/30/31ish
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Thankyou! I've got it now . Thanks for taking the time to post!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

You're welcome, and I think I'll make this sticky.
    Last edited by Flaxen; June 24th, 2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: grammar

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Good idea, Flaxen.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Default Re: How do I put pictures in my posts?

Flaxen (and others) odd question:

I use a photobucket account and on my laptop at home, which I access the internet by wi-fi and via Firefox, I have to add pictures via the technique you described above. However, at work, I use IE browser and can simply copy/paste my photos in... which is loads easier! Any ideas why this is? I cannot copy/paste from my home computer... ???

Hmmm....wintersun, I would not think that the difference in browsers would make any difference at all. Are you using Photobucket from both computers? And, are you copying and pasting the very same way?

yep - it's exactly the same (copy/paste) from both computers - I only know one way, right click on the photo to copy (in photobucket) and then go to the thread/blog/post and right click to paste. I can't figure out why it works from work and not from home, either (ahh, gotta love computers!) Oh, well - not sure if this matters, but at home I use Vista and at work I do not

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

practicing.
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Debra83 View Post

practicing.

why does it come up with a box with an x?
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!