Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Sissy, do you normally wash your hair daily? If not, there is no need to do catnip soaks so often. I do one every time I wash my hair only.
    Well, I do shower every night and CO wash each night. I do this because I get greasy looking at the scalp easily and because I'm trying to lose weight and workout and this makes my hair dirty and sweaty on a daily basis. Therefore, I was trying to catnip each night. I have the day off today as I have several medical appointments so I slept in then showered this morning and did NOT have time to do the catnip soak. However, I hope to do it most times I wash. Last night I went to bed with my hair saturated in Argan 3 oil and Yes to Carrots conditioner so I had a nice overnight treatment

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    27BSL/40/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

So, day three since I put the catnip in and I LOVE MY HAIR! It's so soft and shiney and silky, this is the best conditioner I've ever tried by far. I've only done it once, but if it stays like this I am HOOKED!

Lady Elphame of the New Snow Steed in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Rivanariko View Post
    So, day three since I put the catnip in and I LOVE MY HAIR! It's so soft and shiney and silky, this is the best conditioner I've ever tried by far. I've only done it once, but if it stays like this I am HOOKED!
    I am so glad that you are pleased with it!

I reported this in the Nivea thread but it really belongs here.

I exfolitae my skin gently with my hands in the shower. I only do my catnip treatment once a week and exfoliate my face at the end.

Catnip has been mentioned online for wrinkes. I do not have those but I have had dry skin lines this winter although my face has not felt dry from washing (with no timing) using catnip.

On Monday night, and tonight before going out, I exfoliated my face after washing it with catnip and applied more, let it dry on my skin and stay there for 1 hour while I got ready to go out and do other things. I rinsed it off after the one hour mark.

For the second time in a row, my skin is awesome (it stayed awesome between Monday night and now too) but the dry skin lines are now gone (even the ones that were showing under my eyes). My forehead lines are diminshed. My skin feels amazing. The bumps I had gotten this week from overdoing my sunblock are completely gone. I am thrilled.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I reported this in the Nivea thread but it really belongs here.

I exfolitae my skin gently with my hands in the shower. I only do my catnip treatment once a week and exfoliate my face at the end.

Catnip has been mentioned online for wrinkes. I do not have those but I have had dry skin lines this winter although my face has not felt dry from washing (with no timing) using catnip.

On Monday night, and tonight before going out, I exfoliated my face after washing it with catnip and applied more, let it dry on my skin and stay there for 1 hour while I got ready to go out and do other things. I rinsed it off after the one hour mark.

For the second time in a row, my skin is awesome (it stayed awesome between Monday night and now too) but the dry skin lines are now gone (even the ones that were showing under my eyes). My forehead lines are diminshed. My skin feels amazing. The bumps I had gotten this week from overdoing my sunblock are completely gone. I am thrilled.
    hey, that's great news Ktani! Sounds like catip works well for the skin too. I guess I shouldn't get annoyed when it drips down my face while I'm doing my catnip tea soak then

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    hey, that's great news Ktani! Sounds like catip works well for the skin too. I guess I shouldn't get annoyed when it drips down my face while I'm doing my catnip tea soak then
    Try exfoliating your face first, before the hair treatment.

I only developed dry skin lines on my face recently. A new classroom at school with extremely dry air and bad ventilation. I exfoliate my hands and arms and apply catnip there during my hair treatment and my hands stay incredibly soft unless I overdo the liquid hand soap, while cleaning. I do not wear gloves. I just never thought of doing a treatment on my face.

The best part is that during the hour, there are no drips (the catnip tea dries fast) and you cannot see it on the skin. Just rinse it off an hour later. No grease or discomfort.

Where the BBQ is deliciously slow-smoked to perfection.
    Length
    32.00/27.5/45.00
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I've been using bud-only infusions for two months and have been absolutely loving it. Sometimes I use it as a leave-in, never have crunchy ends, stickiness, dullness, or any of the other reported side effects of using it as a leave-in.

Last night I got the idea to mix in some newly dried leaves, and I don't like this mixture nearly as much. My hair just doesn't feel as nice and soft.

Any idea why the leaves make such a radical difference?

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I am sorry if this has been replyed over and over, but can catnip also make fine (F) hair strands seem more like a medium (M)? My color is golden blonde, not very light, will it change my color? And how much should I buy? The only catnip I foulnd was in a pet store and it is said to be a powder, 20 grams. Is it to be used regularly? Thank you so much.

ETA: Any experiences with use mixed with conditioner or/and cassia?
    Last edited by juliaxena; February 3rd, 2010 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirry-Folk View Post
    I've been using bud-only infusions for two months and have been absolutely loving it. Sometimes I use it as a leave-in, never have crunchy ends, stickiness, dullness, or any of the other reported side effects of using it as a leave-in.

Last night I got the idea to mix in some newly dried leaves, and I don't like this mixture nearly as much. My hair just doesn't feel as nice and soft.

Any idea why the leaves make such a radical difference?
    The leaves contain more tannins and less oils than the buds. My mix contains both, with lots of buds in it. My ends are soft and are not dry or crunchy in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by juliaxena View Post
    I am sorry if this has been replyed over and over, but can catnip also make fine (F) hair strands seem more like a medium (M)? My color is golden blonde, not very light, will it change my color? And how much should I buy? The only catnip I foulnd was in a pet store and it is said to be a powder, 20 grams. Is it to be used regularly? Thank you so much.

ETA: Any experiences with use mixed with conditioner or/and cassia?
    Catnip makes my hair very full and soft. My hair is a mix of fine and medium testures. The catnip colour is light yellow between ash and yellow but it is not gold. It may affect your colour slightly.

I have never used the powder form. I buy cut and sifted leaves and buds from the pet store. The powder should be fine. You would need less than 1 level teaspoon for the equivalent.

I have never used cassia but it contains coatings like conditioner, that in my opinion would interfere with catnip conditioning your hair as well as it may otherwise, on its own. Try it and see how you like it, several different ways.