Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Growth Advice...?

Length
    3''/???/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Post Hair Growth Advice...?

I wanted to start a thread that talks about and discusses hair growth techniques that don't use pills... Like all natural meathods like: scalp massage, green tea rinses?, drinking green tea, healthy diet, ect... ect...

So, I was hoping that we have a big compilation of tips and tricks for hair growth so that in-case you later or someone else is in a slump where your hair won't grow you can come to this thread later and look up tips...

A futile attempt I bet and there may be a thread talking about this already so feel free to delete!! Thought It could be a community effort of tip compilation you know?

I bet this sounds kind of confusing... I made errors here... So, feel free to contribute hair growth tips/tricks/secrets and you can correct me if I made a mistake... or delete the thread...

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Hair Growth Advice...?

There are scalp massage threads, threads dedicated to specific oils that are said to help growth, the epic monistat (yes, the cooter cream, that monistat) thread, there's threads on herbal rinses, and threads on grounding up onions into paste to put on the scalp... ALL reported to help hair growth.

Props to anyone who has the time and energy to coral all of those into one thread.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

The only thing that worked for me, was original Mane & Tail Horse shampoo. My hair was just
    past midback since high school. At age 54 It grew to waist. In 2010. Started wearing it up. Now its at hip.

Length
    17/24/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

It's a large forum so I see how finding/asking for all the info in the one spot is so tempting.

I don't mind repeating stuff I have learnt and use, so here goes a few:
    keep it well conditioned, I overnight oil with coconut oil
    scalp massage/inversion, I use castor oil, it's an antifungal and somehow makes hair grow faster
    feed your hair with the right nutrients, iron,msm, boitin, protein rich food
    stop using harsh shampoos and stop cutting it
    start protecting it during the day and when you sleep

How that helps, I am sure there is many other things others will add

Eat protein, eat things with omegas like salmon or flaxseeds, oil your hair (I like castor, coconut and olive).

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Not sure how many replies you will get because of all the info that is already here.
    My best advice is to eat a well balanced diet, drink plenty of water, stay active, and the best thing is to find updo's to protect your hair. I find it is best to put it up and forget about it on a daily basis. I tend to obsess though. Also, find yourself a good oil you like
    Just spend some time on here. You will find a TON of info just like that.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I think it would be very beneficial if you did some research on your own and find what works best for you. This site is an endless garden of hair-knowledge, you just have to snoop.

Here are a few things that have worked for me:
    1) Oil hair and scalp daily. I do it twice a day using very small amounts of Vatika oil.
    2) Take your multivitamin. I can not stress this enough, I don't know if you consider vitamins a "pill", but I don't. Being healthy is most important step in growing out your hair.
    3) Drink enough water. If your body is hydrated, then your scalp will be hydrated and your hair will have a healthy foundation to grow out of.
    4) Stimulate your scalp. Whether it be exercise, massage, or stimulating oils you need to stimulate your blood circulation in your scalp.
    5) Be gentle with your hair. Once your hair is broken off or is split at the end, there is absolutely no fixing it. Treat your hair nicely.
    Last edited by Diamond.Eyes; July 21st, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    3''/???/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I know asking these things is a stupid idea... I knew creating an account would do this to me instead of snooping through the forums like I did before account creation... Kind of noobish of me huh?

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceTeaRules View Post
    I know asking these things is a stupid idea... I knew creating an account would do this to me instead of snooping through the forums like I did before account creation... Kind of noobish of me huh?
    It wasn't stupid at all and it just takes a little time to understand and get used to the flow of things here at the LHC. It's just really hard to give someone advice on what you think will work for them becuase everyone's hair is so different. It's just best to look things up and try them out for yourself. Don't sweat it! You are just fine.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I don't think it's stupid, but let me rephrase your question so you can see what it looks like from the other end:

Hey, can someone read through the hundreds of threads on one part of a topic, then cherry pick the relevant information, the details on the stuff that worked, and distill the main points, and then put it neatly into one space for me? And then do the same for all of the other strains of query on said topic, and put it all into one thread?

You gotta understand, that would be a MASSIVE undertaking. Really, I suggest picking what looks interesting for you, do a search on it, then read all the threads available on that one thing. Not even all of the threads, just enough so you can get a main idea of what you're looking at. That way, when you start a thread, you can ask a more narrow question, and then someone can give you a real answer, or link you to a thread that will explain things better.

The other day, someone asked a question that wasn't nearly as broad as what you're asking. As a personal test to see if it could be done, to FULLY answer what was asked, without throwing in any of the irrelevant stuff, I tackled it. It took me a full 35 minutes to break down the question into something manageable, and then type of a response to 3 completely unrelated things. That's a long time, yo
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"