Page 166 of 223 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2226

Thread: Tangle Teezer

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Tangle Teezer?

I've recently started using the compact version and it's working out well. No tearing whatsoever (that I can tell). It's a little awkward to use since I'm used to a regular hairbrush, but I'm getting the hang of things quickly.

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Thumbs up Not quite a proper review, but my notes on the Tangle Teezer follow:

I agree that there is a slight learning curve to getting the most out of the Tangle Teezer with the least damage. You must hold the brush firmly, and let it worry about avoiding the big bad knots. When one is found just brush that area in full motions, or gently separate with your fingers and brush through it. I bought them for two curly friends (both male) one with fine soft blond curls that would be apl stretched, and one with tight coarse dark curls whose hair is likely at waist when stretched. Both boys love it so much they moved to Tangle Teezers almost exclusively.

One word of advice: Do not do what the box says and just start at the top and go through all the hair at once, this may be damaging, plus, it's frustrating. Section your hair at least in half, if not many smaller sections (I find that I like six sections best for my hair. First parted down the center then: back third, over ear third and the "bangs" area on each side) start at the bottom couple inches in each section, brush downwards and when you go to brush again, insert the teeth a couple inches higher than you did last time. When a tangle is encountered try "attacking at multiple angles. From the back of the hair section, the front of the section, and both sides.

I move the brush from the outside to the inside as I go anyway, because the bristles are a little too short to go all the way through thick hair. That's okay for me, though, because I feel like I have more control. My hair is very tangle-prone, so I still take about 15 minutes to detangle all my hair. Mind you, my tangle-prone hair is almost to my knees now and when I first got the Tangle Teezer in 2010, it took the chore from 45 minutes or more some days, down to 10 minutes on my then-waist-length hair.

The smaller versions require more sectioning and have slightly stiffer bristles. I own a magic Flowerpot, it is a bit more effort to use, because its surface area is much less than the original. It has pretty much become Snuggles' personal hair brush, because his hair is much thinner, therefore requires almost no sectioning at all to brush gently and effectively; thick hair requires more sectioning. I have two knock offs as well: The Hair Bean* and the palm held Tangle Tamer **, and neither really stands up to the great quality of the original.

For my niece (a five year old who still has the cotton candy hair of toddlerhood) it is a magic brush to which there is no comparing. To my baby sister it is interchangeable with the Goody Ouchless paddle brush (she has a tougher scalp than me).

I was please with it's functionality when I first got the Tangle Teezer, but wasn't impressed as I am today. Not until after having used the Tangle Teezer for a couple months, I tried picking up my old paddle brush and brushing my hair "the old fashioned way" when I had misplace my first Tangle Teezer. Let me just say that when trying to go back to the ball-tipped paddle brush--It. Did. Not. Go. Well. I immediately implored Snuggles to let me buy a back-up Tangle Teezer at Sally Beauty Supply, to which he acquiesced most graciously. We have tried the copy cats as they come available in our area, and I am currently eyeing the Michelle Mercier brushes that just showed up at Fred Meyer's (the local Kroger brand department store), but at nearly $20 dollars, they are too expensive for an experiment right now. So far none have passed muster.

* Hair Bean comments: it has bristles that are both more flexible and more brittle than the Tangle Teezer. I broke off a bunch of the teeth, this product is super cheapo. When I first got it, I liked it quite well, but as the teeth started breaking off the 'Bean, I relegated it to VesuKitty use only.

** Tangle Tamer comments: it has an awesome feature in the fact that the super ergonomic "handle" slides between your fingers for a firm grip, but the bristles are far too stiff and sharply seamed on the tips, so it fairly shredded my hair in the areas where it encountered bad knots. It is Vesuvius' favorite kitty brush, though and it is perfect, because the way it is held, it's just as easy to groom him as it is to pet him.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

I bought into the TT hype, but what I found was disappointment. For one, the brush cost £8.00, and it's a cheap bit of plastic, completely hollow, and the bristles are quite flimsy. It's also a poor design as it has completely smooth plastic an no handle, and they say it can be used in the shower!! Third, it makes my hair completely frizzy. I tried to give it a chance, I really did, but it just made it a poofy nightmare. I'm not saying it wouldn't work for others, but it just didn't do it for me.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arien View Post
    I love mine... Started off with the one.. Which ended up being used for everyone (including the dog) so bought two more . They are fantastic. Really gentle on my hair, detangles without pulling or breaking.
    I tired to brush my kitten with mine, but she was completely indifferent to it. Ungrateful wench.

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by melusine963 View Post
    I tired to brush my kitten with mine, but she was completely indifferent to it. Ungrateful wench.
    Hahaha! Vesuvius doesn't freak out with purring and rubbing, but he definitely likes being brushed. Sometimes he'll randomly attack the brush, too, so I think he sees it as a toy for his amusement.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Thanks Stella!! I'm in Southern Ontario, so I will check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Stellaaa View Post
    AKAIK Sally's is the only place in Canada that sells them. I've bought a couple there, but if you want a different style than the original, I recommend the Beauty Bay (www.beautybay.com), a British online beauty shop that sells them for about $5 less than Sally's in Canada does, and with worldwide free shipping. I've bought the Feline Groovy travel sized and the black Aqua Splash there. Didn't get hit with customs either.
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Type
    3c/M/C/ii

Thanks Stellaaa from me too. I just purchased a tangle angel brush from that website. Much cheaper than on amazon or ebay. I think you saved me $15!

I couldn't bring myself to try a brush without a handle, so I don't care if it looks completely over the top, so long as I can grip it.

Amid the rocks and trees of Northern Ontario
    Length
    NA/42/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    Thanks Stella!! I'm in Southern Ontario, so I will check that out!
    Glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    Thanks Stellaaa from me too. I just purchased a tangle angel brush from that website. Much cheaper than on amazon or ebay. I think you saved me $15!

I couldn't bring myself to try a brush without a handle, so I don't care if it looks completely over the top, so long as I can grip it.
    I'm very curious about that brush. It would look great sitting in my bathroom.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Hated it. Pulled my hair out like crazy. I didn't have the detailed instructions given above, though. I'm a 3c and not used to brushing at all. I've gone to fingers only.
    the people I gave my tangle teaser to loved it so much they fought over it and I ended up buying them a second one to keep peace in the house. They all have type one hair and they actually get tangles a lot more than I do, at nape of neck and so forth.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I have a bunch that get lost in my house. I'm lucky if I can find one, and it's missmatched with pink and tangerine from two different ones. DH just used in on his beard!