Page 184 of 285 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Just stopping by to say I'm still addicted to catnip - 4 months now and still loving it. The condition of my hair has improved so much in that time with no conditioners and no additional oils. I'm finding I can easily go 7 days before needing to wash my hair. A couple of weeks ago, when I was not feeling to great, I went 10 days before washing it and it wasn't particularly greasy.

I think I'm more addicted than my cats.

2a/M/iii - 56 inches

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by KarpatiiSiv View Post
    Just stopping by to say I'm still addicted to catnip - 4 months now and still loving it. The condition of my hair has improved so much in that time with no conditioners and no additional oils. I'm finding I can easily go 7 days before needing to wash my hair. A couple of weeks ago, when I was not feeling to great, I went 10 days before washing it and it wasn't particularly greasy.

I think I'm more addicted than my cats.
    Yup, me too with the above, in terms of washing my hair less often and needing nothing other than straight catnip for conditioning.

Length
    APL/BSL/tlb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rigani View Post
    Oh, I love catnip! <3

Theres no better herb for my hair. Especially in combination with other herbs like rosemary, stevia and peppermint it's working way better than any conditioner. I just make tea out of this herbs and rinse my hair with that, after it cooled down of course.
    In combination with coconutoil it's a great warm hair treatment.

It smoothes and strengthens them the same time!
    Can I ask you about your use of stevia in your hair? What the benefits hair-wise are? I use it in my tea all the time, but didn't know it could be used on hair. You brew the stevia with the other herbs you mentioned, and then do you rinse with it in the shower? Is it a leave in? Please excuse my mini-hijack

Length
    BSL/TLB/??
    Type
    2a/F/iii

No problem, cocolover

Well I read on a german website about recipes with stevia extracts for the care of the skin and of hair. According to that page, stevia has an "anti-dandruff" effect and is good for your hair if it's dull and dry or strained.

So stevia is very similar to catnip and makes may hair shiny, strong and sleek.

Exactely, I brew the leafes it together with the other herbs (but I think there are ready-made extracts you can add afterwards, too). I use it as a warm rinse, let it soak in for a few minutes, but I don't leave it in. Sometimes I rinse my hair with it and put oil in it, put it under a warm towel for a few hours and use it like a deep conditoner.

It's great

Length
    APL/BSL/tlb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

No problem, cocolover

Well I read on a german website about recipes with stevia extracts for the care of the skin and of hair. According to that page, stevia has an "anti-dandruff" effect and is good for your hair if it's dull and dry or strained.

So stevia is very similar to catnip and makes may hair shiny, strong and sleek.

Exactely, I brew the leafes it together with the other herbs (but I think there are ready-made extracts you can add afterwards, too). I use it as a warm rinse, let it soak in for a few minutes, but I don't leave it in. Sometimes I rinse my hair with it and put oil in it, put it under a warm towel for a few hours and use it like a deep conditoner.

It's great
    Thanks for the info, very fascinating. Oh the fun you can have with herbs

Length
    BSL/TLB/??
    Type
    2a/F/iii

True, true ... an inexhaustible topic

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

I am very interested about the stevia.....how much do you use? Do you use the catnip as well and can spearmint be used instead of peppermint?
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

Length
    BSL/TLB/??
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Maybe there's a Stevia-thread somewhere here? I couldn't find anything but I'm not very familiar with forum technology

I use roughly one tablespoon of fresh stevia leaves on 1 liter (about 4.2 cups) plain water. Usually I add some catnip, a tablespoon of fresh mint and two or three needles fresh rosemary.

The "active components" of peppermint are the essential oils. Spearmint also contains essential oils, so it should work with it, too.

Length
    37/32/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Ohh! Herb mixtures, sounds good.

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Maybe there's a Stevia-thread somewhere here? I couldn't find anything but I'm not very familiar with forum technology

I use roughly one tablespoon of fresh stevia leaves on 1 liter (about 4.2 cups) plain water. Usually I add some catnip, a tablespoon of fresh mint and two or three needles fresh rosemary.

The "active components" of peppermint are the essential oils. Spearmint also contains essential oils, so it should work with it, too.
    May I use dry stevia???
    Last edited by wahmof9; September 16th, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight