Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red carpet hair!! Help!!

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Red carpet hair!! Help!!

I'm going to the European premiere of Divergent on Sunday, I'll be walking the red carpet, so I need to look good!

Unfortunatly, I'm travelling to London on the coach, on Sunday (and back the sane day!) so I need a 'do I can either wear all day, or convert easily without a mirror/pins, sprays etc my coach also leaves relative early, so I need to be able to not spend an hour on it

help me please!

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Red carpet hair!! Help!!

Can't help with hairstyle butt, wow, have a fab time!!!
    after a year with bright red hair, I'm back to henna and indigo, mainly henna applications but some indigo to take the orange down a bit! Now to get back to growing again, beyond bra strap how but aiming for hip.

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

French braid or an edgy sidebun with long fancy sticks.

Length
    buzz/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2b/C/ii

Wow that's exciting!

So much depends on individual factors... How do you feel about hair spray, for instance. Also, what style is your dress and jewelry? Do you specifically want an up-do, as opposed to wearing your hair down or half up? What hair styles do you already feel comfortable doing/can't do at all?

From what I can see your hair looks very straight and sleek, could you do a french twist? Also half-ups and hairstyles incorporating braids and loose hair are pretty popular right now (Game of Thrones type things) and hard wearing. If you're going for glam and want all your hair up I'd maybe go for a side bun with some bling in it, kind of flamenco dancer style?

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by red-again View Post
    Can't help with hairstyle butt, wow, have a fab time!!!
    I'm SO excited!! Theo James, Shailene Woodley and Kate Winslet will be there!! EEK!

Quote Originally Posted by Isilme View Post
    French braid or an edgy sidebun with long fancy sticks.
    I was thinking of a fancy bun, will have to do some serious you-tubing!!

Quote Originally Posted by sumidha View Post
    Wow that's exciting!

So much depends on individual factors... How do you feel about hair spray, for instance. Also, what style is your dress and jewelry? Do you specifically want an up-do, as opposed to wearing your hair down or half up? What hair styles do you already feel comfortable doing/can't do at all?

From what I can see your hair looks very straight and sleek, could you do a french twist? Also half-ups and hairstyles incorporating braids and loose hair are pretty popular right now (Game of Thrones type things) and hard wearing. If you're going for glam and want all your hair up I'd maybe go for a side bun with some bling in it, kind of flamenco dancer style?
    Not worried about anything for this one occasion-its not going to be a regular thing after all I can't do french twists-never could. My hair is too thick, and now its too think, and too long! Braids I can do, buns I can do......to youtube!!

Thanks all, you've definitely made me think

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    Chin/BSL/MBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

That's great! have fun. Any bun with a cute stick will last all day I guess. There are plenty of ideas on youtube. Good luck

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

You can always do bun-waves, they are definitely red carpet appropriate, and they look good on everyone.

The day before (Saturday?) :
    1) Wash your hair as you usually would.
    2) Turn your hair upside down, and squeeze execs water out with a cotton t-shirt. Apply some gel - but not too much, you don't want your ends to tangle.
    3) Let your hair air dry completely, and comb with a wide tooth comb.

On the day (sunday?) :
    4) Wet your hair a bit, and comb it with a white tooth comb. NOT soaking wet, just enough to re-activate the gel.
    5) Pin it into a bun (the more twisted and wrapped, the more curly)
    6) At night, when you have changed into your outfit, just take down your bun, and you will have the most gorgeous bun-waves.

It is important to use the gel, as it makes the style hold. I use this one from deva curl: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod3960033
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Length
    20/34/38
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

If you wanted to try a French twist you could do one with a loop and a clip. It's elegant and comfy to travel in. I have a tutorial here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nyDmSNsR74 perhaps putting a few pretty clips or flowers in to make it fancier?
    BSL...Waist ...Hip...TBL...Classic
    Lady Ailesthie of the oanluckit caayr Havaniora In the order of the long haired knights
    You tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIeRwJ1NrulSHG_VgogRCA

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I used this style for my wedding. It was easy, classy, & stayed very well all day. If your hair is too long to finish it as she did you can always do what I did. I just did a rose bun on the bottom left hand side. I added some sparkly pins. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ I think it's very red carpet worthy. If you're looking for an updo.

If you wanna see how I finished & dolled it up: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=78280

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FireFromWithin View Post
    If you wanted to try a French twist you could do one with a loop and a clip. It's elegant and comfy to travel in. I have a tutorial here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nyDmSNsR74 perhaps putting a few pretty clips or flowers in to make it fancier?
    I'm just butting in to say how much I like your video. I've never managed to make a tidy version of that particular style before, but you've inspired me to try again.