Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need serious HELP with seamless combs

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Default Need serious HELP with seamless combs

OK, I've already done a ton of searches and read previous threads about seamless combs. So please don't tell me to go read them.

What I am looking for:
    - Truly seamless
    - Water-friendly (so NOT wood)
    - Has a handle
    - Wide-spaced teeth (at least 3/8" spacing ideally)
    - At least 8" long

I actually recently bought a couple from Hairsense but I am having a not-so-great situation with their customer service. I got the 215 Hairsense comb but it came with a bunch of flaws, raised ridges, bumps, etc. Completely unusable. And I ordered another comb but they failed to send it (so I only received the flawed 215) and insinuated that I was lying about not receiving it. So while I like the combs Hairsense offers, I'd rather not have to deal with them again.

There were many recommendations for Eternally in Amber, but it doesn't seem like they are currently in business.

The Hercules Sägemann Magic Star comb seems like it could fit the bill but according to reviews on Amazon they still have ridges that run cross-wise which seems to make render being seamless pointless.

I've tried Creative, Swissco and Giorgio combs from Amazon and the combs aren't big enough nor the teeth wide enough for what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or does anyone have a seamless comb that fits the bill that they don't need anymore?

Also, has anyone had a good interaction with Hairsense recently? I'm definitely turned off by their response to my return/replacement request. If all else fails I may have to get them to just replace what I got and hope that they send something acceptable, but right now I'd rather just get a refund.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Need serious HELP with seamless combs

Check Eternally in Amber. They have exactly what you're asking. Seamless, water friendly, wide spaced teeth. I think they use acetate sheets or something
    ..I bough a beautiful one that i never use because i like the teeth closer together. Finer toothed combs like the sageman. Never got to buy one and i am still using my old conair comb.

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Check Eternally in Amber. They have exactly what you're asking. Seamless, water friendly, wide spaced teeth. I think they use acetate sheets or something
    ..I bough a beautiful one that i never use because i like the teeth closer together. Finer toothed combs like the sageman. Never got to buy one and i am still using my old conair comb.
    Yeah I mentioned them above already. Don’t think they’re in business, or at least I can’t find a shop.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Account Closed by Member Request

Oh you're right, my bad. Hopefully more people will chime in with advice..

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Do you like horn combs? I have one from Quecraft that I like.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Do you like horn combs? I have one from Quecraft that I like.
    I was shying away from bone combs becaus I’ve heard stories where they end up splitting/cracking over time in water. But if they were truly Seamless maybe this won’t be an issue? Anyway, I just looked up Quecraft and it doesn’t look like they have anything that fits what I want.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I find the Madora combs amazing, but they don't have a handle....
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    I was shying away from bone combs becaus I’ve heard stories where they end up splitting/cracking over time in water. But if they were truly Seamless maybe this won’t be an issue? Anyway, I just looked up Quecraft and it doesn’t look like they have anything that fits what I want.
    Mine hasn't cracked yet and I've used it on damp/wet hair. Mind you, I do use my wood comb more often so I'm not 100% sure.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

*sigh* it sounds like I might have to go with the Hairsense comb. Maybe they'll send me a replacement that's acceptable... I may order the Hercules Sagemann one anyway since it's on Amazon and returning it will be easy if I don't like it.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I have a seamless non Hairsense comb, but it's at the office so I can't look up the stupid brand.

Look into combs made of cellulose acetate, I stumbled upon this term while trying to Google what brand my stupid comb is. That type of comb is popular among men for beards and I'm getting the impression they're typically seamless.

If I remember to check my other comb brand or otherwise figure it out, I'll come reporting back.

Edit to add: Mason Pearson makes carved combs. I don't know if the teeth width will be too your satisfaction or not though. I still haven't found the brand in trying to look up.

Edit 2: found another potential candidate if you're ok to take a gamble, Hercules Sägemann branded combs. I can't recommend them because I don't know anything about them but they appear to be seamless from pictures. Still no luck finding my brand. I'm giving up for the night.
    Last edited by akurah; July 23rd, 2019 at 12:35 AM.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights