Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What my mum thinks of my hair

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default What my mum thinks of my hair

My mum has noticed how long my hair is getting (by non-LHC standards).

When I was combing it, she admired how long it was getting and said I was like Repunzel. (sp?)

But she hates me wearing it in two plaits.

She thinks it looks nice when I wear it up...

But she says she doesn't like it when I wear it in that "long plait" (which is in fact a banded ponytail, and one of my favourite styles at the moment).

What do your mums think of your hair?
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Length
    APL/HL/WL
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

Default Re: What my mum thinks of my hair

My mom really likes my hair....she has noticed that it's gotten very long....of course my hair is really curly so it shrinks up so nobody knows how long it really is haha....so she'll come and pull at my curls in the back to see how long it's gotten....anyway she likes my hair so much that now she's trying to style hers like mine...however...she really wants me to straighten my hair so everyone can see how long it is I dnt wnt to do that right now....

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

My mum isn't interested in my hair at all. She wouldn't care if I wanted to cut it. Sometimes she says I should do it because I use too much shampoo, conditioner and water. She hates that I wash it often (every 3 days). I was ill last week and couldn't wash my hair for almost a week. When I finally went to the bathroom to do it I met her in the kitchen and she asked: "You want to wash your hair again, eh?"
    My grandmas are also interesting. My maternal grandmother always tells me not to cut it, she likes it long. My other grandma keeps saying that I should cut it to shoulder length because it would be easier to take care of.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I’m not sure what my Mum thinks of my hair. I know she doesn’t like that I don’t let her trim it any more, or should I say give it a hair cut as she always takes so much more then I want off.
    Hello

Length
    15/32.5/40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My mom likes my hair okay, I think. I think sometimes she'd rather it was a bit shorter, though. But she often compliments me on it.
    From chin in March 2012 to APL in March 2013 and on to BSL in the future...

Length
    ?/?/44
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My mom wants me to have a short hair and some other colour than my natural red, something more subdued. Thankfully I live so far away that I don't have to visit her too often but when I do she looks at my hair with a look of disdain in her face and always has a snappy remark about it, it's condition, lenght and colour and if there's someone else around she takes this irritating apologetic tone, because she's soooo ashamed for her daughter who's trying to be this individualistic person who stands apart from the rest. I've learned to not tell her if I've coloured or am planning to colour because all she ever says is this shocked "NO!". ETA: Dye to more red or orange that is, I don't do other colours /ETA

I really don't understand what it is about my hair that is so damn important to her. She herself has a shoulder lenght hair that is very thin and brittle from all the bleach damage she has put it through. I guess she hates the red tones that much for some reason o.o
    Last edited by leoninnu; January 14th, 2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: ETA
    Tumblr!
    *APL*- BSL - Midback - Waist - Tailbone

of the fairy folk sugarpixie10988's Avatar
    Length
    chin/Waist/clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My mom prefers my hair about shoulder to chin length, she thinks it's cuter. Every time I ever cut it that short though, I regret it . She also doesn't like that I dye it pink sometimes, but she's learned to deal with it.

1b/F/ii

Length
    1"-2"/7"-8"/WL
    Type
    4a/M/C/ii/iii

My mom is okay with it... now. Haha! When I did my big chop she was not a fan. No one on my mom's side of the family really liked it. My mom just couldn't believe I'd "chopped off all that pretty hair." My hair wasn't even that long (maybe just a couple inches longer than it is now) and it was breaking/thinning from being chemically relaxed. The last time I visited her, though, she was shocked at how much my hair has grown and how curly it is. She even mentioned something about me having "good hair". I really hate that term soooo much, but I knew she meant it as a compliment so I didn't lecture her! LOL.

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Loreley View Post
    My other grandma keeps saying that I should cut it to shoulder length because it would be easier to take care of.

Funny, I find my hair way more easy to take care of now it is longer XD

my mom likes my hair, don't know if it matters though, she usually likes everything I do XD
    hair wise or clothes wise I mean, some other actions she likes less XD

Length
    1"-2"/7"-8"/WL
    Type
    4a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sugarpixie10988 View Post
    My mom prefers my hair about shoulder to chin length, she thinks it's cuter. Every time I ever cut it that short though, I regret it . She also doesn't like that I dye it pink sometimes, but she's learned to deal with it.
    I think the pink is cute! It's very anime in my opinion. (That's a compliment because I love anime and the styles inspired by it!)