Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Indigo Thread

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Indigo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    I don't believe pure indigo itself comes out different tints. Your dye release process might affect intensity. The tints come from the hair color it is being applied to, and (for those of us who do this) the herbs it is combined with. Since you aren't planning to combine it with anything else, you should safely be able to recapture your previous dye experience with your indigo/salt combination.

I personally have not had success getting indigo to stick to my virgin hair. I'm quite jealous! The indigo I use is Henna Sooq indigo, which I love the deep dye deposit and ease of washing out. But again, no idea if it would stick to your hair or not.
    I was myself quite surprised that the plain indigo worked so well on my virgin hair, not merely on the previously dyed sections, especially since my natural colour is about 50% white (the dye even seems to like my white hair more than the brown, which from what I have read, is the opposite of most people's experience).

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Outmoded View Post
    I was myself quite surprised that the plain indigo worked so well on my virgin hair, not merely on the previously dyed sections, especially since my natural colour is about 50% white (the dye even seems to like my white hair more than the brown, which from what I have read, is the opposite of most people's experience).
    That is super weird! But good weird, haha. Nice it’s working with you and sticking so nicely to your whites.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

What is the time limit, when left on one's hair, that indigo ceases to have any further effect? I wash mine out after four hours, but cannot seem to find definitive information on the subject, as to whether I should go longer to achieve a darker result, or whether I have already stretched it into 'pointless' territory.

Also, though I try not to use anything on my hair when rinsing out the indigo, and do not wash it for four days afterwards, the indigo is so drying, that I feel I desperately need to use conditioner to prevent breakage during the rinse. How detrimental would adding conditioner be for the colour, versus the potential hair breakage from not using it?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

What is the time limit, when left on one's hair, that indigo ceases to have any further effect? I wash mine out after four hours, but cannot seem to find definitive information on the subject, as to whether I should go longer to achieve a darker result, or whether I have already stretched it into 'pointless' territory.

Also, though I try not to use anything on my hair when rinsing out the indigo, and do not wash it for four days afterwards, the indigo is so drying, that I feel I desperately need to use conditioner to prevent breakage during the rinse. How detrimental would adding conditioner be for the colour, versus the potential hair breakage from not using it?
    I CO-wash after indigo. No problem at all.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I do a heavy oiling to combat the dryness, about four days after dying with indigo; I have read that coconut and olive oil are notorious for stripping the colour, though I usually use almond oil or sunflower oil. Is there some kind of comparison/explanation guide for the colour stripping effects of different oils and how that works?

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I do a heavy oiling to combat the dryness, about four days after dying with indigo; I have read that coconut and olive oil are notorious for stripping the colour, though I usually use almond oil or sunflower oil. Is there some kind of comparison/explanation guide for the colour stripping effects of different oils and how that works?
    This page compares three different oils: https://silknstone.com/how-to-remove...rom-your-hair/
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Thanks, I'll know now to avoid grapeseed oil as well. I would like to figure out what would be the best choices for oils which would not affect the colour though.

Length
    24/24/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I just found this thread and felt as though I needed to be a part of it after my first henndigo ritual (I am initiated, y’all!).

I am very happy with my first round though it is clear I have a long road ahead of me to achieving a long term raven black. There were clearly some spots that I missed, not to mention my hair was bi-colored black and white before. As you can imagine, it is a sort of strange spectrum of tawny blondes, browns, and blacks at the moment. I will post photos at another time.

Nevertheless, my first step on this journey is wondrous. My hair felt wicked good after the fact and seems to have retained the color well considering its pre-chem ancestress. I intended on doing another round in a couple of weeks.

Can I just say you all are major hair inspirations to me at the moment? Seriously moved by all the henndigo documentation on this thread… alas, I am just a young crow.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wickedannabella View Post
    I just found this thread and felt as though I needed to be a part of it after my first henndigo ritual (I am initiated, y’all!).

I am very happy with my first round though it is clear I have a long road ahead of me to achieving a long term raven black. There were clearly some spots that I missed, not to mention my hair was bi-colored black and white before. As you can imagine, it is a sort of strange spectrum of tawny blondes, browns, and blacks at the moment. I will post photos at another time.

Nevertheless, my first step on this journey is wondrous. My hair felt wicked good after the fact and seems to have retained the color well considering its pre-chem ancestress. I intended on doing another round in a couple of weeks.

Can I just say you all are major hair inspirations to me at the moment? Seriously moved by all the henndigo documentation on this thread… alas, I am just a young crow.
    Welcome to the dark side!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24/24/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Welcome to the dark side!
    Thank you kindly! I am relishing it.

My first question for the folks of the dark side: how does one make a nice henna gloss? How often do you use it? How do you incorporate it in your routine?