Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys using hair products, and treatments. and their wife/g/f response

Arrow Guys using hair products, and treatments. and their wife/g/f response

Hi just wondering?
    i and a frequent hair experimenter,to try to keep my hair nice and healthy, My wife doesnt do any thing to her hair, and it's nice. but it could be better.
    and thinks i do too much to my hair.
    have a happy hairday
    jim

Length
    1 in/31 in/100 i
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Guys using hair products, and treatments. and their wife/g/f response

I don't know - but all my girlfriens were aware that I am longhair fanatic - so I guess if it bothered them they would not be with me in the first place

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Guys using hair products, and treatments. and their wife/g/f response

I'm not a guy, but my husband is growing his hair long as well as me. I buy products for him and egg him on to try conditioner washing, coconut oil, all that...... he's converted
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Honestly, I see guys with short hair who wear half a drugstore on their heads. I find that too much, regardless of gender. But to each their own.
    I think your wife just thinks your hair could look just fine without stuff, it's likely nothing to do with what is "becoming" to a man and what is not. Perhaps she has a minimalist attitude to haircare, and you don't? (I'm assuming she would say the same to, say, her sister or female friend.)

Length
    13"/27.5"/32"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

My partner spends a lot of money on haircuts, highlights and product, and he doesn't even have long hair! He wears a spiked hairstyle and is very particular about it looking/feeling soft, "natural" and non-greasy, so he shells out a lot for high-quality products. I love his hair (it's the first thing that caught my attention when we first met long ago), and he has his hair money carefully budgeted, so I have no problem with it. Some of our friends tease him, though, especially because he tends to preen his hair whenever he sees a reflective surface. I think his hair obsession is adorable, particularly because he's otherwise not a very vain guy.

It's kind of funny because when he and I met, I was (poorly) cutting and dying my hair and using cheap drug store poo/c, and he introduced me to his hairdresser. Most male-female couples are the other way around...

Anyway, it's pretty funny now that I'm starting to fuss over my hair as much as he fusses over his -- oh, the hair vanity!

So, I see no problem with a guy paying more attention to his hair than a girl. Hair care is a very individualized thing, and I don't think it's really limited by gender!

Length
    18apl/31wst/36tb
    Type
    2c/M/i

My DH's hair is only a few inches long (although we've just decided to let it go for a while and see what happens!) He's always kept it short on the neck/ears but a little longer on top. It's very thick and has some curl...he uses gel in it on a daily basis because if left alone it gets crazy wild. I don't object to him using product (although I don't use anything besides basic shampoo/conditioner for myself) but I AM really excited at the idea of him growing it out so that gravity can help calm it down a bit and maybe he won't need the products anymore.
    Jan06 = cut to 18" / July08 = 28" / Nov08 = 31" / Feb09 = 32.5" (shooting for terminal!)
    loving one hubby, two kids, three angel babies, and blogging my brains out

Length
    1mm/term?/:/
    Type
    3b/C/ii

My boyfriend has very long hair and I suggested oiling, that one he liked and uses it everyday. Other things I have suggested, he has tried them once, but he wouldn't repeat (cassia, deep treatments etc ) I personally do not mind at all that he takes some care of his hair, wouldn't be at all bothered if he took more care of it either.

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I like long hair on man but if he grows it to look pretty and pays any more attention then washing and brushing it it's simply womanish to me. I like differences between both sexes and I'm for keeping them.

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I am ashamed of this, but...

Before I married my husband, he was growing out his hard-to-manage curly hair. When I found out he was using Pantene because it made his hair behave better, (and, I use whatever smells good under $2) I joked him out baaad. I teased him to no end.

Now, I realize that was very jerkish of me and have since apologized and retracted the statements. Hair is important, it says alot about you, and shouldn't be dictated by what others think/feel!

If others disagree, (which can be hard when it's your SO) just remind them of how accepting you are of THEIR quirky habits.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hair jim View Post
    Hi just wondering?
    i and a frequent hair experimenter,to try to keep my hair nice and healthy, My wife doesnt do any thing to her hair, and it's nice. but it could be better.
    and thinks i do too much to my hair.
    have a happy hairday
    jim
    Well, I am not a guy, but my BF is a longhair too (APL stretched; we just hacked off 5 inches or so at the end of Aug) and he thinks I do too much to my hair. As a fine-haired wavy/curly I think he could take better care of his beautiful gold ringlets!

Lately he has been using my Burt's Bees Avocado Pre Shampoo Treatment as a leave-in, and his ends are looking much better.

He also explained to me that with my many dozens of bottles, and him half-blind without his glasses, he can't SEE well enough in the shower to find the conditioner or sort it out from all the others. Since pointing him in the direction of my favorite shampoo (Aubrey Organics Chamomile) he does now recognize it and uses it.

As his hair gets longer he's realizing that he does need to care for it better if he doesn't want me coming at him with the scissors. Now, if I could only get him to trim his beard better...
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii