Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the hair accessories you love but won't wear

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Question Share the hair accessories you love but won't wear

Saw a hair fork that gave me the inspiration for this thread It is so cool that I would just like to own it but I can't seriously imagine myself wearing it
    https://i.etsystatic.com/11910390/r/...98914_gsf9.jpg

I see all kinds of lovely hair accessories all the time but rarely wear any. I prefer simple nature themes and natural materials but at the same time I love everything cutesy and I adore bridal hair accessories, delicate little flowers and gems and stones. The thing is, those cute, beautiful things won't go too well with my wardrobe and style. I also love the look of sticks that have something dangling from them but in reality I would not like to wear one (at least outside of my house) because of the fear of that dangling stuff getting tangled in my hair or getting caught in something else.
    So many pretty things, so little time and money... How about you all, is there some hair toy or accessory that you love but can't see yourself wearing?

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: Share the hair accessories you love but won't wear

Any of those big hair forks with the clear acrylic toppers that have things in them, I think. I can appreciate the artistry that must go into them but the overwhelming majority of them just don't go with my style.

Also, probably any hair fork with above three tines to it. My hair is just WAY too thin for that to work well.

Length
    WL/FTL/FTL?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

That's a really cool looking fork!

For me, it's hair sticks that are too short, but otherwise have a design/appearance that I like (which happens to be quite a few -- I like at least 5 or 6 inches of functional length, not including a topper). Alas, it just wouldn't be practical to get a beautiful stick that wouldn't be functional because it's not long enough.

Or sticks that are pretty, but too fragile/bendy/breakable. I have this pair of sticks that fits both of these categories -- too short to use in a full bun for me, and also pretty thin wood. I already snapped one of them so I haven't attempted wearing the second one in some kind of half-up style or something. I guess maybe I could wear it as a purely decorative stick while using something else to actually hold the bun.

Long hairsticks fall in this category for me. I recently acquired a pair of DISNEY ALADDIN JAFAR SNAKE STAFF HAIR STICKS. They are 7 1/2" long.

Also bobby pins I keep picking up bobby pins with cute little toppers. I have never worn bobby pins of my own free will and don't see me doing so anytime soon. But I still can't resist! Of course most of the time I am casting around to find one last item to qualify for a promotion.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Great idea for a thread! I personally love the look of TT hairsticks but I cannot justify buying a piece of art that will mostly be hidden - I don't like my hairsticks to be too much longer than my bun, and anything above 6.5" really is too long for my head anyway.

I have a beautiful Sodawood fork that I bought when it was on sale - absolutely perfect colours for me, totally my style - but it is almost 7" long with just over 4" functional length; wearing it in a long bun (something like infinity or helix or whatever) is the only way I feel I can just about 'get away with it' but that obscures a fair amount of the topper. I can't bring myself to sell it just yet, but I've only worn it out of the house once!

Also anything with a large/long topper makes me feel a bit silly. I discovered that with a MapleBurl fork with a slightly taller topper than the others, and I kept trying to shove it down further into my bun for quite a while before realising that no, there's no more tine gap there and so no it won't go in any further
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Barrettes. They look so pretty but NEVER stay put in my hair. Idk what it is. I have lots of whispies that escape and the barrette always slides down no matter what I do. Just so uncomfortable. Same for claw clips. Ponytails = headaches. I like my hair stick and it works well but my hair is too heavy to really stay up. I'm careful to make a very stable bun but I move around a lot and my hair just sags. I don't have time to fix my hair at work so I haven't worn it.

Sticks and forks with large heads or dangly toppers. So pretty but so not streamlined lol *also expensive!* Anything longer than 5 - 6". I'll poke my bf's eye out.

Cute bobby pins... ouch
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    Long hairsticks fall in this category for me. I recently acquired a pair of DISNEY ALADDIN JAFAR SNAKE STAFF HAIR STICKS. They are 7 1/2" long.

Also bobby pins I keep picking up bobby pins with cute little toppers. I have never worn bobby pins of my own free will and don't see me doing so anytime soon. But I still can't resist! Of course most of the time I am casting around to find one last item to qualify for a promotion.
    omg those aladdin peacock sticks are sooo gorgeous though!

https://www.hottopic.com/product/dis...sories#start=7

oh and any hair stick is the product I love but can't wear. I've no skills to master them yet so I'll just ogle from afar for now.
    Last edited by desisparkles; June 9th, 2019 at 09:20 PM.
    Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    Barrettes.

Cute bobby pins... ouch
    Same, same So pretty but often impossible to use.

Yeah those Aladdin sticks are very pretty! Hot Topic often has cute stuff

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

This is me with every Flexi I've ever owned! I want to use them - I just don't ever reach for them! (I actually don't even own one anymore because of this!)

Now I'm wearing the heck out of the TT I just acquired from willowyns quartet - as well as the grahtoe (which I actually thought I'd use the least!) - I wear the TT even when it doesn't match anything because I love it!!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Flexi 8s. They ripped my hair out way too much and now I’m just holding onto a few XL and L ones. I don’t plan on selling but may give them as gifts to people
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.