Thread: Old-Timer needs a refresh // Prayers :P

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Post Old-Timer needs a refresh // Prayers :P

So I haven't really been active-active since circa 2016. I've been through a big chop, bleach and regrow. It's been a journey, just like life. Here's where my hair is at: https://imgur.com/a/4nJW0En . I also don't know how to embed an image anymore apparently. I have been using traditional products and neglecting my hair. I think I've got quite a bit of damage at the bottom and I'm not sure what I want to do about it. I've been using traditional hair brushes and been ripping through my hair. Without getting into it too much, I've been going through a lot, and could use any prayers for my mother Kelly who is battling Stage 4c Colorectal cancer. Please get screened. ANYWAY. I need help with a hair routine refresh and am honestly feeling both behind and overwhelmed. I've just bought the nexxus humectress s/c and it's a ten leave in.
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Length
    waist/TB/long

Default Re: Old-Timer needs a refresh // Prayers :P

It's so hard to see our parents suffering. I'm praying for healing for your mother and comfort for both of you.

Length
    22/22/26
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Oh my gosh. Many many good, positive, healing thoughts for your mom. And also for you, because this is so, so hard.

Your hair is beautiful. I think it just needs moisture and possibly a micro trim. Have you tried COing?

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WednesdayAddams View Post
    Oh my gosh. Many many good, positive, healing thoughts for your mom. And also for you, because this is so, so hard.

Your hair is beautiful. I think it just needs moisture and possibly a micro trim. Have you tried COing?
    Thank you. I have and with my job I'm just not willing to cut out sulphates yet. Moisture and a micro trim sounds perfect. Thank you for the good thoughts.
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/43"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Oh, that's so awful, I'm sorry.

I think your hair looks to be in pretty good shape considering you haven't been doing as much to care for it! Maybe you might try changing up your brush to something a bit more gentle, to start with. And regular deep conditioning treatments (I always like a good SMT) should help you get back on track.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Hope things improve soon!

In my personal opinion, a cut of about 4-5 inches would instantly put the health of your hair back on track, but I totally get it if you don't want to lose all that length! If you don't already, try to set up a once weekly haircare pamper day, where you do all the funs things, oiling, cleansing, detangling. Not to say you can't/shouldn't do these things throughout the week, but it might be fun to have a special day to look forward to where you treat your hair as nicely as possible without worrying how long it takes.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE