Thread: I need to break my bad hair habits.

Length
    15/15/30
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default I need to break my bad hair habits.

(I’m sorry if I post this in the wrong place..I’m still slowly finding my way around!)

Seeing all the gorgeous heads of hair on the avatars and sigs here..makes me realize that I have a longggg way to go to healthy hair..lol!

My hair is cut in the Posh style right now. I blow dry it to damp, then use one of those heated-air curling brushes on it..then I use hair spray to hold it in place. WAYYY too much stress on my hair! Also, I’m a S/C girl too. I have found that if I don’t spray my hair, the roots get flat and yucky, length gets tangly, limp and yucky.

What I would like to be able to do..is work my way to my natural hair, meaning, no spray or heat if at all possible. My hair is icky right now, as far as I’m concerned..

Sorry so long, because my point is this..

Is there any hope for me and my hair? Any at all? Lol! Help!![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Teacherbear; August 27th, 2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: cleaned up coding to make font large enough to be legible

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: I need to break my bad hair habits.

That's up to you, my dear. Welcome and happy growing.

Welcome to the group! There is hope...but how much depends on how much you are willing to give up , etc. Trust me if you want long healthy hair you can have it but there are no gimmicks it takes a long time so have patience. look around and make yourself at home.

Length
    26/32.5/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

There is always hope. And like Spidermom said it's all up to you. Good Luck
    "Lady Atlanta" keeper of the boundless winds in the order of the Long Hair Knights.

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It is so tough to give up our routines that we have practiced our whole lives. It can be done though, so many here have changed their ways for the better! (Me included). Just take it a day at a time and eventually it will become natural to you.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Yes there is hope! Often hair responds well to better care, many members see results soon.
    (Don't worry if you are not one of them, sometimes hair takes just time, patience and right care).

You could start by trying more gentle washing method, like CWC, or start diluting your shampoo. You could also try to stop the heatstyling, that would make your hair sing from joy (That being said, we do have members who heatstyle.)

Try one thing at the time and maybe start a journal. That way you can see what works.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    short/32.5/35
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Hello and welcome to LHC!! I think you can have long healthy hair, just look around and see what others do and try stuff. I've tried so many things and i'm still changing what I do and use. Um not really sure what else to type (tired need sleep) but hello and happy growing
    Lady Leporidæ of Caerbannog in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I have nothing to add that has not already been said. I just wanted to welcome you and say to just hang in there and stick with us and we will do all we can to help.

Length
    Short/BSL/Wst+?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi and Welcome! I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "work your way into" it. There is some great information here that has helped me so much. Maybe just take one thing at a time and slowly work toward your goal of going natural. You will find no shortage of inspiration and support here.

Good Luck!