Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X O Braid

Length
    7/10.5/35
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default X O Braid

Hi everyone!
    I am 'new' here, I have been reading on this site for about 1.5 years and this is my first post. I have learned so much from all of you-thank you! I am growing out my hair from where it was about 1 yr ago (above my ears). I was looking around online for different braids to do (my hair now is just below my collarbone) and I came across this gorgeous braid and had to show it all of you, it's called the X O Braid.

http://dressytresses.com/hair/galler...uct/x-o-braid/

There are a lot of other beautiful braids on this site too!

http://dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/default.asp

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: X O Braid

Hello! Welcome!

That's a very pretty style, but I am not an accomplished enough braider to understand how exactly you braid one braid through another. The point where they cross...how does that work, exactly?

Also, I think putting the braids up onto the head covers up the French braiding you've just painstakingly done, and makes it look like you just did some normal braids and pinned them up on your head. I'd be tempted to leave the braids hanging down...it looks much nicer that way, in my opinion. But that's just my own opinion.

Thank you for posting it! I'll be interested to see if anyone attempts this style and posts pics!
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Account Closed by Member Request

chopandchange, I think at the point where the two braids cross you just keep on braiding for a little while without gathering up any additional hair. Once you´re over the crossing point into the opposite quarter you start French braiding again. Does that make sense?

I agree that the French braided part without pinning the hair up is very stunning and would look nice all by itself.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    chopandchange, I think at the point where the two braids cross you just keep on braiding for a little while without gathering up any additional hair. Once you´re over the crossing point into the opposite quarter you start French braiding again. Does that make sense?

I agree that the French braided part without pinning the hair up is very stunning and would look nice all by itself.
    Do you mean one braid sort of sits on top of the other, or do they actually weave in and out of each other?

Thanks for trying to explain, but I still don't get it. It would be interesting to see a video of this. (I bet Torrin could do it). It's not essential for me to understand, since I doubt I would ever do this style on myself. I was just curious, that's all (and am not very clever).
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

That picture with the ribbon isn't the same style is it?

I think that's throwing me. I like how the pigtails look though. One day I'll be able to braid like that...I need to keep up with the weights and arm muscles first!
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've done this only twice because it causes me horrible tangles. From what I remember you braid one braid completely, french braiding diagonally across your head. Then you french braid the other one diagonally across the other way. At some point you'll cross over the first french braid. I just kept french braiding as normal there and it looked okay. I don't think I have pictures though because it was pretty messy. Maybe I'll try it again.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Quote Originally Posted by enfys View Post
    I was trying to decide that myself. I'm not sure if the foundation x is the same...

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've done that style on other people. I prefer doing the dutch braids versus the french braids. Usually instead of wrapping the length along the outsides I bun them in a classic in the center. It's a neat style to do, but does take some length.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by enfys View Post

I think that's throwing me. I like how the pigtails look though. One day I'll be able to braid like that...I need to keep up with the weights and arm muscles first!
    It's the same style, but dutch braids instead of french braids. You can still see the X O shape it takes on. It's just decorated a bit.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Yes, the braid with ribbon is the same style.

I was obsessed with perfecting this braid a couple of years ago, but I couldn't get it to look right. Now I want to try it again ......... sigh. Thanks a lot! (just kidding)