Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with potential new hair cut. Layers or no?

Length
    24/36/35
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Need help with potential new hair cut. Layers or no?

I've been at my goal length for two months. I have no plans of going any longer, but I don't feel like I'm enjoying my hair very much at this length.

It's all one length and VERY heavy. I cannot wear it in an updo for more than an hour without my neck killing, even updos that I could wear just fine a few inches ago without any pain. So it's down a lot now, and I feel like it's just hanging there.

I'm considering getting some layers put in. I'm wary because I need to be able to restrain my hair in some way for work and I'd prefer if it wasn't popping out all over the place. I'm so torn, I love my hair so much, but I'm just not happy with it. It's heavy and annoying. I feel like I was much happier at BSL or a little longer, but I just love the way my hair looks right now, I just can't stand the way it feels.

Here is my hair from the front

And my sig pic is from the back.

I could really use some help. And I'd love some pictures of layered waist-length hair to cheer me up and inspire me.

I reached my goal length, thanks LHC! I guess I'm just here for the good company now.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Need help with potential new hair cut. Layers or no?

No to layers if your doing it for updo's their a Pita but, i can understand if if thats heavy its making your head hurt! have you tried Madora's sectioned bun? she has really thick hair and that works for her on the other-hand spidermom has layers and it works for her i just found them a pain.

I just though if you had a u- shape it would be like layers in that the sides are lighter but, your hair is how i want mine to look eventually
    Last edited by bunzfan; January 10th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I say no but only because its so pretty! Aside from my biased opinion...its bothering you like it is, so maybe layers would really be beneficial.

One thing is that your hair color can be the toughest to layer...The color specifically will show every single line and cut..and if its not done right it could be disastrous. So if you do do it, I hope you are armed with a wonderful and great great stylist.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    its bothering you like it is, so maybe layers would really be beneficial.
    I agree. If it's that heavy I would try layers
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't have layers any more. I go back and forth on that. There are things I love about having layers and things I love about not having layers.

Multiple buns really help the heaviness issue.

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I think layers would look LOVELY on you!
    *Chin length* --> *Shoulder length* --> *Arm pit length* --> *Bra strap length* -->*Waist length* and beyond...

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    I say no but only because its so pretty! Aside from my biased opinion...its bothering you like it is, so maybe layers would really be beneficial.

One thing is that your hair color can be the toughest to layer...The color specifically will show every single line and cut..and if its not done right it could be disastrous. So if you do do it, I hope you are armed with a wonderful and great great stylist.
    I had no idea that layering was harder with particular colors! You learn a new thing every day .

MissEarlGrey, I think you have beautiful hair now, but I also think it would look nice with a U shaped hem and some long layers (emphasis on LONG layers... I once asked for long layers and ended up with a big thick chin length layer...). But layers from about BSL I think could look nice and give your hair a bit of lightness/movement.
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I like your hair texture w/out layers. If I were going to layer it, I would do it more as a bit of angling in the front that full fledged layers all over your head. If it were me, I'd rather cut off a few inches off the overall length than lose the shine and nice hemline that you get w/out layers.

Length
    chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/i

You hair is beautiful. What about instead of getting layers as such just have your hair v shape instead of straight?
    Or half up half down up-dos?

Chin>Shoulder>APL>BSL
    Going through an awful shed since june'13, lost more than half the thickness of my ponytail.#stressed

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Your hair is beautiful no mater what. I've layers and hate them but my hair isn't heavy. In your case you could try them if you're not happy grow them out.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com