Page 1514 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 514101414141464150415121513151415151516152415641614 ... LastLast
Results 15,131 to 15,140 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Not for me, but then again most men never even reach SL. This is the longest my hair has ever been.

I agree with paulownia Bat. Your hair looks great! That picture of your natural texture is also far from ugly.
    If you say so! Wavy hair doesn't suit me
    Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Well, nice. Your hair is wavy
    Sure it will protest when you are constantly fighting the natural texture.
    It never used to be wavy I was 1b most of my life so it isn't easy to adjust to some thing I never liked (on me) in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    I think I made it again! It's quite clearly APL, even when dry and fluffed out!

The only downside is that the pesky chunk in the back Is still splitting faster than the rest of the hair... I'm a bit at loss on why this happens, I have hypothesis but none of them explains why only that lock has this problems.
    Maybe it got some extra bleaching? I try to avoid overlapping, but it's more difficult to be precise in the back of the head .
    In any case, the damage is at the very tip of the strand, so by next trim I will most likely get rid of the splits and white dots.
    Congrats on APL finally!

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I took a photo today and I'm loving how bluntly this is cut, .
    Freshly dyed and slightly wet and the heat activated leave in makes it look ok my natrual texture is this monstrosity
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._400_pixel.jpg
    Your hair is looking super good! But I have a soft spot for the flippy ends too
    I promise that as the hair grows the waviness becomes much more manageable and "flowy". I think you will grow more fond of it then!

ETA: thank you so much Bat!

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    Anyone else feel discouraged when they realize that once they reach APL, it's not even that long? :/
    It's still technically considered medium length.
    Compared with a pixie cut it's suuuuper long though
    I just love APL because its when hair starts being all "swishy" and tickles your back when you're letting it Down .
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

If you say so! Wavy hair doesn't suit me

It never used to be wavy I was 1b most of my life so it isn't easy to adjust to some thing I never liked (on me) in the first place
    Mmmm, its a very soft wave and making it straight shouldn't be very hard. If you don't like it ...
    You have been bleaching before? It usually makes hair more porous and it can cause it to have more texture.. just guessing
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Your hair is looking super good! But I have a soft spot for the flippy ends too
    I promise that as the hair grows the waviness becomes much more manageable and "flowy". I think you will grow more fond of it then!

ETA: thank you so much Bat!
    Hopefully! Or it gets more wavy I knew someone who had straight hair til about Shoulder then it turned into 2c ringlets

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Mmmm, its a very soft wave and making it straight shouldn't be very hard. If you don't like it ...
    You have been bleaching before? It usually makes hair more porous and it can cause it to have more texture.. just guessing
    I've been bleaching my hair on and off for years it's always grown back mostly straight so it could be cause I'm getting older
    :/

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

I think I made it again! It's quite clearly APL, even when dry and fluffed out!

The only downside is that the pesky chunk in the back Is still splitting faster than the rest of the hair... I'm a bit at loss on why this happens, I have hypothesis but none of them explains why only that lock has this problems.
    Maybe it got some extra bleaching? I try to avoid overlapping, but it's more difficult to be precise in the back of the head .
    In any case, the damage is at the very tip of the strand, so by next trim I will most likely get rid of the splits and white dots.
    Congrats on reaching APL!

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BlushingRose View Post
    Yeah honestly. I've had waist length to tailbone length most of my life so the fact that I'll probably take a year to get to armpit and it still won't be considered long is a little depressing, but mostly I just try to not worry about the time frame and enjoy my hair as it is
    Yes, same here! I'm one of those people who had at least tailbone hair for most of my life so starting over is refreshing. But it's also a test of patience for me for sure.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Not for me, but then again most men never even reach SL. This is the longest my hair has ever been.
    Oh I didn't know you were a dude. I always love to see more men growing out their hair. My brother's trying to reach SL at the moment.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Compared with a pixie cut it's suuuuper long though
    I just love APL because its when hair starts being all "swishy" and tickles your back when you're letting it Down .
    Very true! Especially when it's wet in the shower.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Freshly dyed and slightly wet and the heat activated leave in makes it look ok my natrual texture is this monstrosity
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._400_pixel.jpg
    You hair looks fine for the amount of damage there is from bleach and dye. I definitely wouldn't classify it as a "monstrosity".
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")