Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello - I finally joined!!

Length
    pixie/16.5/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Smile Hello - I finally joined!!

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a couple of months, and finally got up the nerve to join!
    It seems I have been growing my hair all my life. I finally let it grow in my twenties to BSL, then I would get sick of it, want a change, and cut to an ear length bob. Then the process would start again. This went on several times til my about 5 years ago, when I cut it short again, and have been unable to let it grow past chin length. I just couldn't commit to the long hair. I then went even shorter, to a longish pixie, very funky cut for the last 3-4 years. Well last March I finally committed to growing it out. It was very short and layered, and it is now about an inch above shoulder, with only a few layers left. I HATE this in between length with a passion. Once I get to shoulder, it will seem somewhat long, and I may feel better. I just can't wait!!!!!

Thank you all for listening, and this board has been the one thing keeping me committed to my goal!!! I'm just now able to put my hair up (sorta), but I am completely clueless so my other goal is to get better at updos!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Glad to have you here!

Length
    15"/16"/32"
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Hello celticprincess and welcome.
    You sound like you are at the same stage in your growing length that I am at. And yes, I could'nt agree with you more, the inbetween/shoulder/neck length is driving me insane. I have a very bad habbit of getting my hair a little longer, perhaps an inch longer than it is now, and getting so mad at it that I get it chopped into some new fashionable bob thats around, only to hate it after Ive done it. Just after last Christmas I did the new Katie Holmes thing. But not this time. Like you say, once it gets that bit more past the shoulders it should be a bit less painfull. I hope!
    Damage cut off. Length to top of shoulders - 5/2/11.
    GOALS: Collar bone. Freckle on my chest. Armpit length. Bra Strap.

Length
    pixie/16.5/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

That is so like me!!! I love changing my hair, so I would get to around this length, and get it all chopped off!! I would love it for awhile and the cycle would start again. The only difference is that I had kept it shorter until deciding "that's it" last March. This is now the longest I've had it in about 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay!! I just reached the big 40 in April, and really want to stay youthful and sexy, and to me, long hair is both of those things!!! Let's grow together!!!! I just have to stay away from those nasty scissors!!!!

Length
    15"/16"/32"
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Long hair = youthfull and sexy, is absolutely right. Giving in to my urges to get a cut has stopped me from feeling this way for far too long. Even though I look much younger than I am the short hair has always made me feel older and unattractive, which really is'nt the case its just my thoughts.

Next time either of us get the urge to cut we had better call on each other and stop one another.
    Damage cut off. Length to top of shoulders - 5/2/11.
    GOALS: Collar bone. Freckle on my chest. Armpit length. Bra Strap.

Length
    pixie/16.5/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

What I am trying to tell myself is that the rush from cutting my hair is very temporary, and I am now a grown up ( maybe) and I will regret the cut. My feelings of femininity are completely hair related, either unfortunately, or maybe that's just reality. Anyway, maybe I can get someone to stretch my hair to shoulderlength, to at least tide me over until BSL!!!

Length
    25/28/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by April1 View Post
    Long hair = youthfull and sexy, is absolutely right. .
    Word! and welcome to LHC!

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Hi! I totally agree with the long hair being young and sexy. When mine was an angled bob in 05 I totally felt unhappy and older looking. Everyone telling me I looked "mature" and "professional" didn't help either. I know they meant well, but to me it equated to boring and old.

Length
    pixie/16.5/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

When I have gone from longish to short, I get "your hair is so cute!" aaaaarghhhh!!!!! I do not want to be "cute" I want to be sexy and womanly, not "cute". I know, there are worse things to be called! But yes, when it's short, I feel like I look like your average frumpy Mom, I don't know if its how I look, but I feel that way.

I think when people go from long to short, they get lots of positive reinforcement from others, mainly because it is an extreme change. When you grow your hair, it takes forever, so it is less comment worthy. Last time I had BSL hair, people that I saw only occasionally would say "your hair is getting so long" and often you could tell they thought that it was "too" long! It really made me doubt myself. I usually would wear my hair down when I went somewhere, and I got the impression that they thought I was showing off. I feel I have conformed to the typical look long enough, I want long hair and I am going to "show off" as much as I can!!!!!

Length
    pixie/16.5/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

One more thing, I am so happy, and grateful, to have a place to voice these thoughts!!!!!! Thank you THLC!!!!