Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your hair-care product hoard!

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Show me your hair-care product hoard!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie's hair View Post
    There is a lot of it . Do you use everything yourself? I am shocked to see these huge bottles .
    I’m shocked to see so much plastic
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Thank goodness there is such a thing as recycling here. How else would you expect companies to package their products? I mean I really do question that, because to be frank, there is no alternative... but to make the plastics have less of a footprint. But that's a hole other story. Anyway, progress will be made on that front, I have no worries there.

Back OT. I'm afraid I have about 4 times as much.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ioanaxena View Post
    I have 20 products in my stash - 4 shampoos, 3 hairsprays, 2 hair masks, 2 conditioners, 2 colour-treatment masks, 2 leave-in creams, 2 oil serums, 1 hair oil treatment, 1 mousse, 1 dry shampoo. I want to narrow them down to 10. I kind of miss the days when I had only 3 products, but I know it will be impossible to have so little now.
    I'm at that point more or less (3 shampoo, 2 conditioners, 3 styling products + some things I use sporadically, like no orange shampoo, dry shampoos and coconut oil) but I have to say that it's problematic sometimes. Like, I run out of deep conditioners/masks and I don't know when I'll be able to buy a new one...

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I'm at that point more or less (3 shampoo, 2 conditioners, 3 styling products + some things I use sporadically, like no orange shampoo, dry shampoos and coconut oil) but I have to say that it's problematic sometimes. Like, I run out of deep conditioners/masks and I don't know when I'll be able to buy a new one...
    I think that having a back up is nice - and that's what I'd like to do in the future, after using what I already have. I do the same with my skincare, I just need to be 100% sure I will continue to use the same product so it won't go to waste (been there in the past and had to give them to friends and family members because I got contact dermatitis from some ingredients). I think I went overboard with my haircare stash because I didn't know what my hair likes - now that I have an idea, I want to stick to it. It's hard to resist temptation when I go to the store and see so many colourful shampoos and conditioners, but I'll try to stick to things I know that work .
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I mean, I kind of agree, but also the name of this thread is product hoard... that's a little bit like if I walked into a steak house and complained about the dead animals.

I couldn't really make shampoo bars work, so like what else can I buy other than plastic bottle of shampoo? I have oily, fine, straight and light hair, sebum only or water only would simply never work for me...
    I started buying masks mostly in 1kg sizes instead of the little 300 ml. Some of the tubs I have reused for storing scrunchies, hair pins etc. Otherwise there really isn't much else to do about the plastic, is it?

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ioanaxena View Post
    I think that having a back up is nice - and that's what I'd like to do in the future, after using what I already have. I do the same with my skincare, I just need to be 100% sure I will continue to use the same product so it won't go to waste (been there in the past and had to give them to friends and family members because I got contact dermatitis from some ingredients). I think I went overboard with my haircare stash because I didn't know what my hair likes - now that I have an idea, I want to stick to it. It's hard to resist temptation when I go to the store and see so many colourful shampoos and conditioners, but I'll try to stick to things I know that work .
    I'm experimenting lately, but you're right, I should always be sure to have the products I need.
    For now I'm doing WCC instead.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    I mean, I kind of agree, but also the name of this thread is product hoard... that's a little bit like if I walked into a steak house and complained about the dead animals.

I couldn't really make shampoo bars work, so like what else can I buy other than plastic bottle of shampoo? I have oily, fine, straight and light hair, sebum only or water only would simply never work for me...
    I started buying masks mostly in 1kg sizes instead of the little 300 ml. Some of the tubs I have reused for storing scrunchies, hair pins etc. Otherwise there really isn't much else to do about the plastic, is it?
    Kind of, yes, very sharp of you.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Thank goodness there is such a thing as recycling here. How else would you expect companies to package their products? I mean I really do question that, because to be frank, there is no alternative... but to make the plastics have less of a footprint. But that's a hole other story. Anyway, progress will be made on that front, I have no worries there.

Back OT. I'm afraid I have about 4 times as much.
    I have seen some pouches of shampoo and conditioner, but I’m not sure what they’re made of. Some companies like L’Occitane use glass. And some stores have refill stations, a health food shop in my nearest town has this. There’s also shampoo bars, conditioner bars. It’s good you’re recycling yours, lapushka. There’s just so many different products available now, and I wonder if there’s really the need? Obviously it’s supply and demand or they wouldn’t be made / marketed.

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post

Please know that I’m not judging your purchases lakhesis. Nor am I suggesting folk do NWSO. I just fail to see how one person (and I use the term to mean anyone) can amass so many different products for their hair, when they can only use one shampoo conditioner and mask at a time. Use that, then when it’s nearly empty buy another, either same brand or a different one. I guess I just don’t understand the whole product whoring thing
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

When I buy a conditioner, I have it for a year or two. I am more concerned about the fact that the shop where I buy ham by weight wraps it in foil. I make such a purchase on average 2-3 times a week and each time I get a foil sheet :/.
    WL - HL - TBL - CL - FTL

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I have seen some pouches of shampoo and conditioner, but I’m not sure what they’re made of. Some companies like L’Occitane use glass. And some stores have refill stations, a health food shop in my nearest town has this. There’s also shampoo bars, conditioner bars. It’s good you’re recycling yours, lapushka. There’s just so many different products available now, and I wonder if there’s really the need? Obviously it’s supply and demand or they wouldn’t be made / marketed.
    Sadly, stuff like this is not available everywhere, and it tends to be much more expensive than regular drugstore stuff. Acquiring such products is not realistic for me. However, I'm not wasteful with anything, and I recycle all my plastic. That's as good as it gets for me at this point in time.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links