Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are celebs cutting off all of their hair (or giving up their extensions)

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Why are celebs cutting off all of their hair (or giving up their extensions)

Last edited by misspurdy06; March 28th, 2012 at 07:22 AM.

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Why are celebs cutting off all of their hair (or giving up their extensions)

yeah! haha when miley cyrus chopped off her length, i was like DANG! she still looks good, but it was a pretty big change.

I don't think necessarily ALL the stars are doing it. This comes and goes in waves.

For the slideshow, it doesnt say the date of when the stars cut their hair. Jessica Alba has had short hair before. same with Jennifer Aniston. With high profile people, they will always feel like they need a change because they are folks who are always on the move.

Emma Watson cut her hair just to experiment because she had to have her hair long for Harry Potter for her whole life. so shes going through her experimental phase now (if that ever really ends).

Length
    ~Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Why are celebs cutting off all of their hair (or giving up their extensions)

Some of those haircuts are really cute. It makes me wish I could afford celeb-quality extensions so I could chop my hair off whenever I felt like a change

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

They're doing it because they can. They have money to look good and if they dislike the haircut they can always get extensions. Long hair in terms of "fashion" comes and go's.

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by racrane View Post
    They're doing it because they can. They have money to look good and if they dislike the haircut they can always get extensions. Long hair in terms of "fashion" comes and go's.

This! I also don't really understand why people care about this sorta thing.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LocustSpawning View Post
    This! I also don't really understand why people care about this sorta thing.
    It's our culture and in our nature. Perfectly normal.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

A lot of times, from actor interviews I have read, it is done for parts they play and comes under requirements of the job, unless they want to wear wigs. It can just be easier and less expensive to cut the hair and or colour it than the alternatives.

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Well I think 3 different reasons, really:
    1. Damage due to chemical abuse, styling stress, heated tools.
    Often actors, ect have to change up color, hairstyles for roles and have their
    hair heat styled on a regular basis which naturally is going to lead to damage.
    2. Different roles, ect.
    Perhaps they need to change lengths or colors for a role.
    (although they could use wigs or extensions for that) I once saw Jane Seymour
    sporting short hair for a roleTurned out to be a wig(whew!)
    3. Artistic creativity. As said above, they have money and can afford to expirement more with the hair than those of us on a budget, and get beautiful extensions to wait out the grow out.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I think it is several different things, and long hair is in fashion right now. I think some of the teens, or the disney stars cut it because they wanted to get away from the disney-image, and look older. And maybe because they wanted a change
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Length
    0''/25''/40''
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think it can be for many reasons. Job necessity like some mentioned before, personal feeling or because it is a trend, and celebrities are usually the first to try it. For example, in my college is going on this new thing of chopping most of the hair or shaving the whole head in girls.
    It's nice to experiment once in a while, can you imagine if all of us had long hair? It would be actually pretty cool, lol lol.