Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Need to Dye Your Hair Again!

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default You Need to Dye Your Hair Again!

Bit of a rant here, and I wonder if anyone else has the same experience!

I have a good friend who, for some reason, always finds the need to tell me when I need to dye my hair again (obviously when my roots are showing too obviously ).

Now, I would never tell her that she needs to dye her hair. I figure that she knows when she's due to dye and I don't think it's very polite to mention it. Yes, obviously I can see her gray roots, but so can she when she looks in the mirror, right?

I just feel really self conscious when she points it out! I KNOW what my hair looks like, and I really don't want to henna every three weeks to avoid showing roots (generally I do it the first Monday of every month, but it's school holidays so I got out of schedule and probably won't do it again until the first week of Feb when kids are back at school).

So yeah, I know my roots show... but I'd prefer not to be reminded ot if!

Anyone else ever get this from friends and/or family members? I just figure... I don't need to be told, so don't tell me because I'll feel more self conscious if you do!!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Default Re: You Need to Dye Your Hair Again!

Maybe you can say, "There are lots of things I have to do again and again. Like eating, sleeping, etc. I guess those take a priority to touching up the old roots, huh?"

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Comments like that are so unnecessary and IMO kind of rude. Try not to let it worry you. I would ignore it.

I forgot to mention not to say what I last posted sarcastically, but with a touch of humor.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

LOL! I actually have the opposite problem - I'm super paranoid that my roots will start growing out and I somehow won't notice, so I'm constantly interrogating my close friends/family about it, and I always wish they would look more closely before answering (^(oo)^)`

Have you spoken to her about the issue to let her know it makes you feel uncomfortable? Maybe she's just trying to be helpful?
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

LOL! I actually have the opposite problem - I'm super paranoid that my roots will start growing out and I somehow won't notice, so I'm constantly interrogating my close friends/family about it, and I always wish they would look more closely before answering (^(oo)^)`

Have you spoken to her about the issue to let her know it makes you feel uncomfortable? Maybe she's just trying to be helpful?
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Type
    1b/F/ii

My mother used to tell to dye my hair again after I started growing it out. I tell her that I want my natural color again, and then she says I should dye it my natural color. No mom, I want my NATURAL color. And then she starts all over again, I don't even listen anymore.

Goal length: Waist
    24' ~ 25' ~ 26' ~ 27' ~ 28' ~ 29'

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

People are actively rude. I used to hear that when it came to my blondette hair coloring. It hurts but ignore them. I've heard it more then once enemies are there to bring you down. It makes them happy when you're sad.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    awl/tb/cl
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

People can be soo rude. So true. If you didn't ask for an opinion, why do they come to you and volunteer one. Between the comments on "you need to color your hair again"..meanwhile:my case:I'd be experimenting & testing waters to see what I feel about my own natural 100 percent silver white hair. And you need a good 3 or 4 inchs of growth to think about something like that honestly. So, you get into an argument w/a relative stranger about their unasked for opinion on roots showing,and white hair,is it aging? And probably on long hair too. From a person you didn't want a "hello" out of,to be honest!
    People will do the same about weight changes:why is it considered in the least acceptable to tell someone they've put on weight,need a diet or exercise. Or even point out weight loss. A simple "keep the mouth shut". Or "look nice today." Would be fine.
    Its so annoying,and hurtful,its hard to ignore.
    But if you tell them politely what you think, you look like you are picking a fight.
    When they come to you, with unasked for criticism.
    It Is a rude world.

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

I personally never cared if my roots were showing. I'd just say, "yeah, they sure are." Then get on with my life.

This is just a communication issue. You need to tell her that you feel self conscious and don't like to be reminded. If she's a good friend, she'll stop reminding you.

I disagree that it is rude, she's a friend of yours and she probably feels like she's being helpful. Until you tell her explicitly that you don't like it, I would assume the best intentions.