Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Rant: curly hair

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Random Rant: curly hair

Why do most people (usually those who dont have curly hair) consider all curly hair "bad hair"?

Most people with curly hair have GREAT hair its just not pin straight. Now yes some people can have curly hair and the texture of their hair can be a bit rough but overall I think curly hair is just as great as straight hair.

I have a friend who was trying to compare another girls hair to mine and she said "you know its kinda like how yours can be when its curly, like kinky bad hair".....-_____-

I know my hair can be curly at times but the texture of my hair is not BAD lol.
    I love both kinds!
    Okay end of rant!

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Random Rant: curly hair

There's no such thing as good or bad hairtypes.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    SL/LB/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Yah, it's never made sense to me either...I was having a conversation the other night with a lady of African American descent, and hair came up. She referred to my hair as " good hair". Because she said you can wash it and leave it and it will look good. I was baffled by this expression, because I have ne er thought of hair types being good or bad, but just different. I told her that it was funny that she valued that, because I valued her volume tremendously, and she laughed and said she'd hard people with straight hair mention volume before, but couldn't imagine wanting more of it. We agreed that the "good hair". Is the one someone else has! Lol
    Lady Ka'ahu Pahau, Island Guardian in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Act, don't react.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I think every hair type is beautiful! Especially with a little bit of LHC love I think society has helped paint that picture unfortunately. most hair commercials show "beautiful hair" as straight and sleek. :/

Length
    24"/26"/30"
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

It's just fashion. It won't be this way forever. My grandmother's generation never wore it straight - curls were a must.

I'm sorry she said that about your hair. Not cool. Curly hair is awesome and so is kinky hair.

Length
    12"/23"/36.5"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I really don't like it when people use the word "bad" to describe hair type. People I know like to refer to coarse hair or curly hair as "bad" hair, and I just can't agree with that. I think that all hair types have equal potential to be beautiful when they are taken care of, and I also think that all hair types have equal potential to be unsightly if it's not taken care of. I feel like it's a jab to people who have different hair types and textures by basically saying, "You have no chance of having beautiful hair."
    It makes me really angry.
    C'mon, GROW!

ChinShoulderAPLBSL✻Waist✻Hip✻Tailbone

Length
    chin/long/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I happen to think that curly hair is awesome and beautiful

Length
    3 in./APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

I find myself thinking negatively about my own hair's texture, and thinking how much more beautiful I'd be if I blew it out. Then I stop myself, realize that I've been watching mainly t.v. all day (I'm sick at home a lot) and realize that I NEVER think anyone else has "bad hair" because of their texture. I shrug and figure I've let myself fall prey to marketing!
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived"~ Strictly Ballroom

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Thank you! I hate how many people are influenced by societies views. It even happened to me. When I was 13 I did a relaxer to my hair because every one told me it would make my hair "better". I hated how stringy it made my hair and my curls have never been the same after I grew it out. My hair is mainly wavy/straight and some parts get more of a curl. I miss my curly hair :/