Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Colorfix experience - so excited!

Default My Colorfix experience - so excited!

Hi everyone! I'm new here (long time lurker, first time poster ) and got the courage to try Colorfix from reading this forum. I've been battling too dark, uneven color for some time (thanks to the salon - apparently they didn't mix my color the same way every time, so I had about a 3" wide darker band of color in my hair, about 2-3" from the roots at this point). I tried honey lightening just that part, and it did help, but it was still very visible (probably only to me, I know, but it was driving me nuts!) My hair had overall gotten too dark, as well. I had box color, salon color and henna over it all. My natural color is dishwater light-medium brown.
    Old color:
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...66921737DcniXD
    So yesterday I Colorfixed my hair. I used all of it but was amazed at how much it lifted the color. My hair feels a little dry, but otherwise seems OK. I'm going to henna or henna/cassia over it today (depends on the results of my strand test!) and hopefully I'll get what I want. I've been wanting to go back to red for quite a while but my hair was so dark that there was really no other way to do it.
    After Colorfix (please excuse the lack of focus and the fact I'm still in my robe and my hair is a mess ):
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...66921737LznoXh
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...66921737qxIpwr

Thank you, LHC for giving me the tools and the courage to do this myself...hopefully it turns out the way I want it to!

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: My Colorfix experience - so excited!

Welcome; wow that is a massive change, thanks for sharing! Makes me hopeful I will be able to strip out my red that has built up to be too dark on the lower half. Apparently coconut oil is best for colour damaged hair. If you are willing to wait a week you could collect hair from your brush and plughole for henna strand tests?
    Last edited by Firefox7275; May 11th, 2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Welcome to LHC! henna will even things up beautifully but please be aware it is very permanent, it can be lightened with honey but will never fully go. A henna gloss (1 tablespoon of henna in conditioner mixed and left for an hour or 2 on your hair) will give a nice red hint and is very conditioning.

You have done a brilliant job lightening your hair. My daughter used the UK version called colour B4 on permanent black dye and got the same colour as you, she is going to do a henna gloss this week. Her hair was slightly dry after doing it but coconut oil has really helped.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

I love chickens.  vanity_acefake's Avatar
    Length
    13/33/Termi
    Type
    1a/F/M/iii

Good job.
    That really worked.
    Growing old DISgracefully!

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Very nice results. Where I live, color stripping products are very very expensive, so I have to settle for bleach.
    Lady Alvarie of the Enchanted Comb in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

So far so good; I hope you end up with a color that you love.

Thanks everyone! I was very surprised when I washed it out and found that my roots were almost blonde! I've been red for most of my life and my hair has sort of been in a downward spiral the past couple of years, starting with a Feria color disaster (need I say more? Decided to try a new brand - what a mistake!) I had to have it stripped and re-colored and since then I just haven't been happy with it - keeps getting darker and then the aforementioned color mixing mistake occurred. I've been wanting to go back red for a long time...maybe now I finally can!

My 50/50 henna/cassia is dye releasing right now...I hope it turns out OK. I did a strand test with straight henna, and it was a little darker than I wanted, so I decided to do 50/50 instead. I prefer a little more coppery/orangish red rather than burgundy, so fingers are crossed! I'm planning to apply neutral protein filler beforehand - my hair has become so porous with many, many chemical dye jobs and now the Colorfix that I'm afraid it won't color evenly otherwise. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out!

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Wow that really did the job, i used a product sold at Boots in the UK, Colour B4, one year on my ends are dry and split alot. I think these products are great to remove colour bu if you are planning on growing it out long it will be difficult. Hope you have better luck with yours. Would you mind keeping us posted regarding the condition as it grows. Would be interesting to see whether what you used is a beter option. Thanks in advance.

Length
    14"/33"/36"
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Out of curiosity, did you use the 3rd step or skip it?
    "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

After doing a lot of reading about Colorfix on these forums, I did not use the 3rd step.