Thread: Whats a good shampoo for dry hair?

Default Whats a good shampoo for dry hair?

I am having a hard time finding a shampoo and conditioner that puts moisture into dry hair...I am on a budget...So I cant afford expensive stuff..
    Any suggestions out there? I have alot of fine dry hair...

Length
    shldr/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Whats a good shampoo for dry hair?

If your scalp is dry, you could research into the CO (conditioner only) method of washing. Two of the shampoos I used and found to be quite gentle were: Elseve Renutrition ( http://www.cumparaieftin.ro/userfile...t/62490016.jpg )
    and Garnier Naturals with Egg( first one in thie picture: http://img.kudika.ro/images/article_...1266244593.jpg )
    For conditioners, you could try mixing some Olive Oil into the one you're using now- it's the most hardcore condish I've ever tried.

Length
    17"/22"/30"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

You could try a water only followed by a light oiling and see if that helped with your dry hair.

I get good results doing a diluted baking soda rinse on clarifying days (every 3-4 days) followed by a lemon water rinse and an oiling while damp.
    - Yeah TOAST -

Length
    27/30/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I found out that the brand of shampoo itself is not that important. What is important is that the shampoo is diluted with water before applying to hair. It makes a big difference to me!

Length
    buzz/pixie/pixie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Definitely CO-washing, or CWC with diluted shampoo.
    Finding a way to love my hair.

Account Closed by Member Request

If you're looking for moisture, you may want to check this out. Clarify your hair first (I used Neutrogena's anti residue shampoo or 1tbs of diluted baking soda in 2 cups of warm water)
    I always clarify before doing protein and moisture treatments.

I agree with what has been said...Conditioner only may be too heavy for your fine tresses, but condition-wash-condition weighs the hair down less..

You may be interested in this, too...it's wonderful and turns shampoos into true moisturizing shampoos (the ones that are listed there)...

Type
    2c/C/iii

I'd suggest a shampoo (or other method of washing) without sulphates if your hair is dry. I don't know if it's possible to find cheap non-sulphate shampoos where you are, though. I haven't been able to find any here in Norway - I use The Body Shop's 'Rainforest Moisture' shampoo and conditioner, which, unfortunately, aren't cheap (but they make my scalp and hair happy).

Account Closed by Member Request

i would also suggest trying conditioner washing or the condition-wash-condition method.