Thread: Silk Amino Acids?

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Silk Amino Acids?

Has anyone here ever used just silk amino acids on their hair?
    I saw a video on youtube last week, and the lady was gushing about how great silk amino acids made her hair feel. She got it from an online store called lotioncrafters.
    I can't remember if she used it straight on her hair, or if she put it into her conditioner. I'll search for the video later and post it on here.

Anyway, I was just wondering what your experience with it was, and how you used it. I'm kind of interested in trying it out on my extremely dry 3/b curls.
    ~Lady Aletheia of the Thrice-Written Grimoire in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~

Length
    CB/CB/BL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/ii

Default Re: Silk Amino Acids?

I haven't tried, but since my hair is also curly I am interested too. Is it expensive???

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii/iii

This is the video that I mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7vHXEJn-fI

I went to the Lotioncrafters website to price it, and it's a bit on the expensive side. 1 oz is $3.98. It may be worth the price if it will help with the detangle process. I'm just worried about build-up. If using a protein treatment too often could cause build-up and damage, wouldn't this?
    ~Lady Aletheia of the Thrice-Written Grimoire in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I use it in my hair masque. The typical useage in most hair care products is 2% to 5% so if you were to add it to a conditioner you wouldn't need much. I get mine from Majestic Mountain Sage http://www.thesage.com/catalog/fullcat.html#section3. They call it Liquid Silk and is listed in Additives.