Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleaching?

Length
    short/short/30"

Default Bleaching?

I currently bleach (yes I know, its bad) and have cut back on blowing and straightening, i use weekly treatments and good shampoo and condition, my question is, how else can I lighten? I tried the honey and after one go I couldnt see any difference. Will bleaching stunt growth? TIA

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I bleached my hair for ten years, and I felt like it never got longer than just below shoulders--arm pit length or so. Do you bleach at home or do you go to the salon? I think the salon bleach is gentler and better on hair. I had split ends like crazy when I was lightening my own hair.

Length
    20/35/42
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Bleaching won't stunt growth, but depending on how hearty your hair is it could cause major breakage or fry it.

Personally, I've never had a problem with bleach, but I didn't have any previous damage from heat styling when I did it. I do know that a few people here on the board haven't had quite as good as experience as I did.

Lemon juice is another way to lighten hair, but it can make your hair feel like straw and takes awhile...

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I don't have any experience with bleaching so I really can't say anything where that is concerned. I don't think it will stunt your growth, per say. But you'll likely have a lot more breakage since you bleach, so it might seem like you can't grow very long.

Honey needs to be used consistently for a long period of time to lighten most people's hair, from what I know. So just using it once isn't going to show anything as far as changes in your color. Lemon juice is supposed to be lightening as well, but I don't know how you'd go about using it or how often you'd need to use it to see results. Not sure if it would do any damage or anything either but I'm sure someone else must know.

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Are you bleaching your whole head of hair? I get regular highlights every 4-5 weeks, but ONLY on the new growth , the roots. Sometimes I will get some lowlights and she brushes that darker color all the way down the hair shaft.

I could never get my hair past BSL either, until I quit using cones and started using the CWC method of washing. I also dilute my shampoo every time I wash. SMT saved me from a major cut about 2.5 years ago. My hair is about 3" longer than my pic, that was taken last Thanksgiving.

Oh, I forgot to ask....are you bleaching your hair or is someone doing it for you? I'd heartily suggest a good hairdresser.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    short/short/30"

I go to the salon and she only does my roots. I noticed my conditioner has cones, justgreen, what S&C do you use?

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Right now I'm using Nature's Gate Original Herbal Shampoo (health food store, or GNC at the mall), diluted, about 1 tablespoon with 3-4 ounces of water, shaken well in an applicator bottle. This allows me to get the shampoo on my scalp better.

I use a variety of conditioners, but my favorite is Sebastian Volume. I also use the conditioner that goes along with the above shampoo.

I had to strip all the cones off my hair, got a small haircut, and then came home and mixed up SMT using the above conditioner, honey and aloe vera gel. I slept with it on my hair. This was my very first siggy pic, taken the day after I did the first SMT treatment.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    short/short/30"

im on oz, so I dont know where I can get those products, I will go to the shop now and have a look maybe in the health food shops for a natural conditioner? Tomorrow i will do the honey/aloe/cond treatment, is normal supermarket honey ok?

Length
    short/short/30"

sorry, should read, Im IN oz lol

for the love of dragons dagonlilly's Avatar
    Length
    16/37/hip

ive heard of people using lemon juice and peroxide