Thread: Someone else who has experience of these devils and hair eaters?

Default Someone else who has experience of these devils and hair eaters?

Screws.

They are all over. In doors, walls, buses and furniture. I've lost too many lovingly grown quality hairs to these. I know, that doesn't happen if you wear a protective hairstyle and this is not any kind of serious complaining. But you don't always have your hair up, for example if you wash or air dry or brush your hair (and right now i just must admire the great results from my movie star shampoo method ) At least to me they are dangerous moments if I don't keep an eye on my hair then.

Or maybe i must think about my furniture again
    Or then this is just the price of having your hair wildly loose.
    Last edited by Priska; December 22nd, 2023 at 12:27 PM.

Length
    18"/34"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Someone else who has experience of these devils and hair eaters?

The screw covers on cheap-plastic school chairs are a nightmare too. I always shudder when I see long hair caught in them
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    Short/50/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

To hell with them!
    Material Girling my way to longer hair.

Lady Nakime, Keeper of the Haired-Companions. Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I donīt have any of those devils around in my apartment and when outside I always wear a hair covering. But, what eats my hair (well, would, if I didnīt always have it up these days) are clothes. I mostly wear sports/outdoor clothes and thermo clothing and those fabrics just rip my strands in the most horrible way, as soon as any hair touches it. I have two particularly evil black winter shirts (that I wonīt replace, because they are so warm) that I almost always wear and I canīt even comb my hair while wearing them or Iīd loose a half of it. Sometimes I wish all my outfits were satin, just for the sake of hair, but I am not that girl who wears blouses, dresses, scarves and whatnot.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

My hair devil has been velcro. Even if my hair is up, velcro will find a way to snag it.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My chairs all have screws on the back of them, and my hair always gets caught while I'm air drying. It's certainly frustrating!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Devils indeed! For a long time the only chair that I owned was a wooden folding chair. The legs were affixed to the backrest of the chair with screws that hit at about waist-height on me when I sat in it. If I sat in it with my hair down, invariably some would catch on those stupid screws ) :<

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

They used to be on school buses! Drove me crazy when I was younger
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

My cup earphones (the hinges on them) eat up sooo much of my hair. I have visible breakage there I think