Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: List your hair goals for 2024

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default List your hair goals for 2024

The new year is approaching fast! so here is the new thread for next year!

My goals
    As much Benign Neglect as possible I don't want to even think of my hair this year
    I also really want to avoid any dye this year as well
    Last edited by Bat; January 22nd, 2024 at 10:37 PM.

Length
    24/40/50
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: List your hair goals for 2024

Great thread idea! My goals:

Keep my long hair despite everyone telling me to cut it!

Do more buns and braids to prevent damage

Use some kind of diy hair treatment weekly

These goals are also subject to change

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsdaughter View Post
    Great thread idea! My goals:

Keep my long hair despite everyone telling me to cut it!

Do more buns and braids to prevent damage

Use some kind of diy hair treatment weekly

These goals are also subject to change
    you know its getting long when you get comments like that! keep up the great Work
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

- Keep growing, with trims every 6 months. I might have to reconsider the frequency of my trims as my hair gets past my "pain point" though - I'd much rather cut off a little bit more often than get irritated enough with my hair that I chop off more and regret it. But absolutely no bigger chops - I always come to regret them.
    Edit: I am actually considering going for the full year with no trims, as an experiment. The point above still stands, but my routine has improved lately, and my ends are able to withstand more time without trims these days. I will do the first half year challenge and then decide whether to go the full year in summer. Of course, the point above still stands; if my ends get too bad, I’d rather trim a little when needed than push it so far I end up doing a regretful chop.

- Absolutely no peroxide-based dye.

- Wear more updos, and try different styles as my hair grows.

- Hopefully keep my current "benign neglect" mindset. It's really nice to not stress about hair.

- Length wise, I should reach hip sometime in Spring, and I would like to have my entire hemline solidly past hip by the end of the year. I have quite the distance to go to BCL and I don't think I will get there in a year, but I look forward to being solidly at lower back.

- Aquire more hair toys... I probably shouldn't put this as a goal considering my student budget, but ohhh I want the pretty hair sticks!
    Last edited by Aerya; December 30th, 2023 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Added some thoughts.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

1. Keep growing out my natural hair and abstain from any bleaching and damage-inducing colouring.

2. Lead a healthy lifestyle: take care of nutrition, sleep, exercise, and stress management, and pursue my dreams.

3. Keep tracking my product usage through the use-it-up challenge and keep working through my stash. I should keep product purchases at a reasonable level.

4. Get rid of at least 5 cm of bleach. It doesn't really need to even be this much, since I only have about 10 cm left at longest, but I want to keep it somewhat strict in order to experience fully natural hair soon.
    Decided to get rid of this goal as I already did a ~5 cm trim in late 2023 and I'm nearly done with all the bleach, so if I feel like growing longer, I want to let myself do that without needless removals of length. If I do decide to grow longer, the remaining bleach will get removed with occasional trims in due time.

Largely the same goals as the previous years... but they are getting lesser and lesser! It's getting progressively harder to come up with hair goals for myself. Perhaps as a possible extra goal, I can have the following:

4. Actually acquire a couple more simple (metal) hair sticks so I don't need to be so reliant on just this one I have at the moment.
    Last edited by Ylva; December 3rd, 2023 at 01:04 PM.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    buzz/Waist/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

- No trimming
    - Stick to / develop a good routine that prevents breakage
    - Would be so cool to learn how to support my waves better
    - I would love to develop healthier sleep habits around going to bed and waking up
    - Learn some comfy updos that look nice for work / going outside lol

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

My goal is to get to a bob as quickly as possible, so no trimming until I can safely call the length at my face and ears a bob. After that we'll see. I estimate I need a year or a little over to accomplish this.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

* Continue to microtrim
    * S&D on a regular basis
    * Learn/come up with new hairstyles
    * Use all of my hairtoys and variate them more
    * Continue to have fun with my hair
    Last edited by TatsuOni; December 31st, 2023 at 06:22 AM.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

None other than no trims until my birthday in late July. My last trim was in between four and six months ago and other than having to wait twice as long to get a trim when it was growing back from losing it to chemo, I usually get a trim in between six months and a year and a half. Not changing anything else, since I'm very low maintenance; wash it once (sometimes twice) a week with my usual anti-dandruff 2 in 1 shampoo plus conditioner, brush it out and detangle it gently by hand, let it air dry, brush it out and gently detangle by hand again, and put it back in a low loose ponytail. No deep conditioning treatments and no oils, since it doesn't really need it (sometimes less is better).
    Keeper of the Royal Order of Playful Kitties
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Mostly just to leave it alone meaning not color it, and I think I’m on a no trim challenge for the first half of 2024 so no trimming or cutting. I’d like to practice some new styles like space buns…. I really like the half up/half down with the half up part space buns. It’s kind of a youthful style but it might encourage me to wear it down more. I like funky styles like that anyway.

Also, I want to be on here more hoping it will help me stay focused on my no-trim.
    3/9/2015 decided to grow out gray Cut to pixie: 3/9/2015 BSL 4/2018, Cut to shoulder 6/2021. Started coloring again 2018. Currently growing out & going back to gray Goal length: waist+