Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairytale hemline photos?

Length
    32"/32"/36"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Fairytale hemline photos?

I have often seen the terms "fairytale hemline" and "fairytale ends". Are they both the same thing? I always wonder exactly what the terms mean and what they look like. I did an internet search for photos to show what it looks like, but am not getting anything definitive. Can anyone share a link or a photo to give me a visual as to how it looks?
    Mother of 7, born between 1992 and 2009 - Maranatha! - holysheepdip.wordpress.com -

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Fairytale hemline photos?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Like this.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Simply gorgeous, Wildcat Diva. Natural and beautiful.

Eta I haven’t trimmed my hair in maybe three years ish but don’t feel that I’ll have anything near what I would consider fairytale ends until my hair gets significantly longer.
    Last edited by Tinyponies; December 27th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

Length
    14/22/32

I've always just referred to this as a "v" but fairytale sounds way better

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lillabug View Post
    It's not really a V hemline... It can be but it can also be a U hemline or a blunt straight hemline. Really it's where the bottom has sort of thinned out and acquired an ethereal sort of look.

Length
    32"/32"/36"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Thank you!
    Mother of 7, born between 1992 and 2009 - Maranatha! - holysheepdip.wordpress.com -

Length
    WL/FTL/FTL?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    Simply gorgeous, Wildcat Diva. Natural and beautiful.

Eta I haven’t trimmed my hair in maybe three years ish but don’t feel that I’ll have anything near what I would consider fairytale ends until my hair gets significantly longer.
    I'm really wondering how long it'll take for my hair to naturally develop into decent fairytale ends (especially coming from growing out a straight, blunt cut with straight hair -- the fairytale ends I've seen in photos are often/typically on wavy or curly hair). My last trim was last spring; I've had maybe 5 inches of growth since then, and the ends are still looking relatively full/thick, definitely not what I'd consider to be particularly fairytaled.

Quote Originally Posted by lillabug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    It's not really a V hemline... It can be but it can also be a U hemline or a blunt straight hemline. Really it's where the bottom has sort of thinned out and acquired an ethereal sort of look.
    Yep, it's possible to have a fairytale hemline without necessarily having a v-hemline (though I think frequently fairytale ends/hemlines are somewhat v-shaped). Theoretically, one could have a v-hemline that is blunt (not fairytale). Blunt ends/hemline is the opposite of fairytale ends.
    waist / hip / tailbone / classic / fingertip / knee / calf? / ankle? / floor? / terminal??
    knee by 2021?

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Elodea View Post
    I'm really wondering how long it'll take for my hair to naturally develop into decent fairytale ends (especially coming from growing out a straight, blunt cut with straight hair -- the fairytale ends I've seen in photos are often/typically on wavy or curly hair). My last trim was last spring; I've had maybe 5 inches of growth since then, and the ends are still looking relatively full/thick, definitely not what I'd consider to be particularly fairytaled.

Yep, it's possible to have a fairytale hemline without necessarily having a v-hemline (though I think frequently fairytale ends/hemlines are somewhat v-shaped). Theoretically, one could have a v-hemline that is blunt (not fairytale). Blunt ends/hemline is the opposite of fairytale ends.
    Me too, I personally associate it with what happens as terminal length is approached or reached and the hairs show their differences in length, so it not being something you can replicate with scissors or damage.

Ellethwyn is the first member here who springs to mind who has that kind of ends, and with straight hair