Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Slow Progress - What to think when you have less than average growth :(?

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Very Slow Progress - What to think when you have less than average growth :(?

Hey everyone!

So while I am tracking my progress, I try not to be obsessive:

I don't measure, I don't take weekly pictures, I don't stress about hair....

BUT, I can't help notice I don't even get the average growth per year. I take monthly pictures and they are getting depressing, looking even shorter than prior months when I haven't cut.

How do you stay positive when you have less than average growth and you see all of the beautiful hair here that grows soooo fast?!

Starting Point May '07.....19 Month Progress Jan '09

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Very Slow Progress - What to think when you have less than average growth :(?

First of all, I've seen your photos and you, yourself, have been one of those whose hair progress I have envied!

Second of all, over time I have finally somehow learned not to wish I had somebody else's hair (texture, color, length, etc.), or somebody else's narrow hips, flat ears, small nose, etc. And a few months after I became a frequent visitor here (i.e. hooked), I had to take myself aside and give myself a good talking to because I found myself getting depressed that my hair looked so ratty at the back, and not like other, thicker-haired ladies'.

I hope that helps some. Your hair is beautiful, by the way!

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Very Slow Progress - What to think when you have less than average growth :(?

It's an exercise in patience.
    And I think you've had more progress than me!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/M/ii

I like trying new updos and new hairtoys. It keeps me occupied enough that I don't really think how short my hair is. In fact, I am little worried that I may not be able to do my favorite updos (French twist, Gibson tuck) if it gets longer. In fact, I had my hair cut quite a bit a year ago because I could not do these updos.

You have beautiful hair. It's long enough to do all sorts of updos now. Why not enjoy your hair now?
    Last edited by Akiko; November 6th, 2008 at 06:42 PM.

Oh my--I just posted above about the same problem! Then I saw your post. I know your pain!

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Go

Slow or not - you've gained length and your hair look lovely and very healthy! I say job well done!
    ________
    Honda Sonic specifications
    Last edited by Speckla; February 20th, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

There is no point in worrying over it, it won't help it grow any quicker. In fact increased stress might be more likely to make you shed more. Learn some new syles, try on some pretty hair toys, enjoy the length you have!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'd say you have very decent growth there.
    It's very easy to sit here comparing our hair to other members and just getting progressively more down on ourselves about it, but it's quite pointless as we have what we have and have to learn to view it with a bit more leniancy i think. Also i think we tend to see all the positives in other peoples hair and all the negatives of our own.
    I think the thing to do is just focus on your own progress and take time to look for the things we like about our hair (this goes for the rest of ourselves too). If you appreciate it in the now, get a new hairtoy now and then, play around with DT's and focus on all that's good today, then tomorrow and the longer lengths will seem to follow much quicker with less chance of what i call pessamistic chops.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I don't really have any advice but I agree with what the others have said: don't worry about how long it takes you to make progress; you'll get there eventually! I've been growing since I was about eleven or so, but I was stuck at mid back for ages! When my mother, who didn't cut her hair until she was twelve, told me she never reached waist, I thought I'd never get there. But eventually I did, and I'm sure you'll reach your desired length as well. Just hang in there!
    Lady Philyra of the Blessed Parchment in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Proud member of the Renegray gang!

Length
    22/24.3/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I also have slow growth. Monistat has helped me. The way I look at it, it has to grow a little bit, so in the long run it will get long! Have you tried vitamins or monistat?